Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #5 prospect?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The usual argument. Who is the better prospect:

1 - most NHL ready?
2 - highest potential?
3 - most valuable in his role?
4 - most likely to make the NHL at the earliest age?

Schroeder gets the vote under scenario 1.
Lack probably in 2.
Argument for Gaunce in both 3 & 4.

By 4 i was meaning who would meet the "no longer a prospect" by the definition posted above. And by 3 I was intending that Gaunce, as a 3rd line center getting 45 pts and being able to punish people physically would probably considered more valuable than Schroeder as a 2nd line center getting 60 pts.

They are all legitimate ways to look at a prospect as "valuable".
I don't know why people think everything needs to be all neatly divided up like that.

The best prospect is the one that you appreciate most based on whatever combination/weight of the qualities you listed you value.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I don't know why people think everything needs to be all neatly divided up like that.

The best prospect is the one that you appreciate most based on whatever combination/weight of the qualities you listed you value.

I just posted this because people were arguing about it. In particular I heard that Schroeder was more NHL ready than anyone else, and that Jensen had a higher ceiling etc. I agree, its just a matter of preference, and no one should be condemning someone else's reasons for choosing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad