Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #5 prospect?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
can you please stop adding schroeder? i know a lot of people like me aren't voting for him because he's not really a prospect anymore. we went through this with tanev and kassian last year and it was just as silly to have them ******** up the list by being in a nearly random spot

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Look. I didn't have Schroeder in poll 1, people got upset. I add him after many complaints for poll 2, and people get upset.

There's just no winning here.

ignore the wrong people (the first thing you said)

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Went with Gaunce because I don't consider Schroeder a prospect anymore. Lack would've made it a tough decision but question marks after his injury.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
can you please stop adding schroeder? i know a lot of people like me aren't voting for him because he's not really a prospect anymore. we went through this with tanev and kassian last year and it was just as silly to have them ******** up the list by being in a nearly random spot

I'm pretty sure we are going by Hockey's Future rules here.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect/

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

Under these rules, Schroeder is a prospect so you should vote accordingly.

Oh yeah, and I'm voting for Gaunce on this one. Schroeder production needs to improve because he doesn't have the size to stick as a fourth liner. Lack had an injury setback, and this will be a make or break season for him. Until either happens, Gaunce is higher in the list for me.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The usual argument. Who is the better prospect:

1 - most NHL ready?
2 - highest potential?
3 - most valuable in his role?
4 - most likely to make the NHL at the earliest age?

Schroeder gets the vote under scenario 1.
Lack probably in 2.
Argument for Gaunce in both 3 & 4.

By 4 i was meaning who would meet the "no longer a prospect" by the definition posted above. And by 3 I was intending that Gaunce, as a 3rd line center getting 45 pts and being able to punish people physically would probably considered more valuable than Schroeder as a 2nd line center getting 60 pts.

They are all legitimate ways to look at a prospect as "valuable".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad