Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #17 prospect?

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Polasek again.

Does Kenins make the top 20 if he is included in the voting? I see him as a longer shot than Blomstrand, but he probably is in the conversation with the prospects left, no?

Jeremie Blain wouldn't make the top 20, I don't think.

S_C

VeyforSelke

Jul 4, 2011
Victoria, BC
I don't understand how people voted Subban over Cassels when the Canucks obviously put a higher value on Cassels and he preformed well at camp. People are too infatuated with the Subban name.
Cassels again.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I don't understand how people voted Subban over Cassels when the Canucks obviously put a higher value on Cassels and he preformed well at camp. People are too infatuated with the Subban name.
Cassels again.

Just because the Canucks feel that Cassels was worth drafting higher it doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way.

I think Subban has a higher ceiling, but is more a risk due to his size.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Cassels again.

Or maybe people are too infatuated with draft position instead of formulating their own opinion of a prospect.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Cassels, he has dropped way too far. Looks like a future 4th liner/waiver wire fodder is going to win this.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Or maybe people are too infatuated with draft position instead of formulating their own opinion of a prospect.

Right after the draft, neither player has done anything to raise/lower their stock and considering that basically every team has a chance to take Subban after the Cassels pick, it probably means that he is valued by a fourth rounder by most teams. Draft position is means something when it's the offseason after the draft and they were a round apart

Archibald, then Cassels

Pseudonymous*

Just because the Canucks feel that Cassels was worth drafting higher it doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way.

I think Subban has a higher ceiling, but is more a risk due to his size.

Thats interesting, the guy with a HUGE disadvantage that cannot be fixed has the higher ceiling? how is that? his ceiling should be considered low considering there is hardly ANY defenders his size to do anything at the nhl level.... how does that equal a high ceiling?

VERY VERY confused by the amount of people saying this, so i figured it was finally time to ask how a player such as this has a high ceiling

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Cassels is being appropriately rated, as soon as we get to see him with more minutes and more prominent role then we can reassess.

Pseudonymous*

Cassels is being appropriately rated, as soon as we get to see him with more minutes and more prominent role then we can reassess.

i dont disagree with this, i like archibald so losing to him isn't a big deal. but subban, COME ON :laugh:

fans always attach themselves and root for the undersized player , before realizing their fate is, the ahl or worse :/

his name got him to the 4th round, imagine if he didn't have that name.

arsmaster*

I agree. Archibald will be waiver wire for his entire career.

And if Cole's last name was Smith and he scored 15 goals and 43 points in his 64 game draft year we wouldn't even be ranking him, but it's Andy's kid so we are.

mallet went 9th. His first draft year and his first year pro don't show top 6 upside for me, but he went 9th.

Blomstrand 12th. What more upside does he have than 4th liner?

It's all into how you rate players. I got tired of arguing my position 8 or 9 polls ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad