Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #11 prospect?

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Andersson for me. Tommernes has the games played at the pro level, and tho I haven't seen him much, the reports of his play in the D-zone are concerning. Tommernes may have the offensive upside, but that means nothing if you are not good enough defensively to stick in the NHL. Anderson looks like he will be playing in the NHL in the next couple of years.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Went with Subban, seeing high offensive ability and attitude. McNally I think got derailed a bit or it probably would've been him for me. Just don't see anything in Tommernes that suggests he will stand out in the NHL so he's a few down this list for me, despite being more polished than the others at this point.

Spamhuis

Mar 29, 2009
Calgary
I went with Tommernes because of his showing in pro hockey, but this was a tough choice. I think it really speaks to how many prospects that we have that havent completely busted out, which is quite a new experience for me as a canucks fan. I'm used to the years past where we didn't have picks past the first round, or where the players were so bad they couldn't make the AHL. Really nice to have competent management.

BATJAM

Jan 14, 2005
Voted McEneny. Obviously no one agrees, and ya I might have picked him a few spots early, but I like the kid. Very good size and skating ability, sound defense, underrated/untapped offensive skills and a mature/professional attitude. I think he's going to have a great year in jr. with a bigger role.

I also like Anderson at this spot, I just feel Evan has a higher upside, despite being further away from reaching it.

Not sold on Tommernes at all

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
McNally has played a total of 41 hockey games since he was drafted. He's 21 without a contract or a team to play on right now. I don't think I would rank him anywhere on this list until it's settled he's actually playing somewhere. At this point he's a question mark, misses next season and he's a non-factor.

Archibald or Tommernes would be the choice at this point for me.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Anyone remember where Peter Andersson was last year? I don't get why he keeps dropping (been voting for him the last 2 polls). He actually had a good season in terms of progression but seems to be dropping while Mallet went up after a BAD year in terms of progression (expectation for him last year was progressing in the AHL and he was pretty much given a spot on the team only to lose it... wouldn't call that a good year). Hutton going up was expected tho i don't see how he's ahead of Peter Andersson considering AHL is much closer in terms of competition than NCAA and Andersson was basically the Wolves top dman when healthy (not counting Tanev).

Andersson wasn't voted into the top 20. Hutton was 20th:

Canucks Prospects Rankings:
1. Zack Kassian (65%)
2. Nicklas Jensen (58%)
3. Chris Tanev (50%)
4. Eddie Lack (63%)
5. Jordan Schroeder
6. Brendan Gaunce
7. Kevin Connauton
8. Frankie Corrado
9. Joe Cannata
10. Anton Rodin
11. Patrick McNally
12. Joseph Labate
13. Alexandre Mallet
14. Yann Sauve
15. Alex Friesen
16. Adam Polasek
17. Henrik Tommernes
18. Jeremy Price
19. Bill Sweatt
20. Ben Hutton
21. Alex Grenier (on votes)

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1246473

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Voted McEneny. Obviously no one agrees, and ya I might have picked him a few spots early, but I like the kid. Very good size and skating ability, sound defense, underrated/untapped offensive skills and a mature/professional attitude. I think he's going to have a great year in jr. with a bigger role.

I also like Anderson at this spot, I just feel Evan has a higher upside, despite being further away from reaching it.

Not sold on Tommernes at all

I'm big on McEneny too, not many guys remaining I have ranked higher than him.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'd say Blomstrand or Cannata. Cannata has looked pretty solid when I've seen him in the AHL, so I guess I'll take him.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Andersson wasn't voted into the top 20. Hutton was 20th:

That's part of the reason I haven't voted for Andersson yet (prob will within the next 2 though); he's been a hot/cold prospect. He got hyped up early being a "Gradin" pick and the comparison's to Edler (based on being unheralded, decent size/mobility, and Swedish). Then he disappeared and was virtually written off as a prospect. Now he's had a bounce back season but I want to see him do it again.

A feebster comparison request: Andersson, Cederholm and McEnemy. My impression is all three have similar upside (bottom 4 defensive defenders, with the latter two being more physical, Andersson being smoother). Andersson is obviously the furthest along in their development, but is their much to separate their floors/ceilings/probability of making the bigs?

Votes for Subban at this point are based on name (I know he was drafted higher than Cederholm, but still). A 5'9" dman has a very limited chance of making the NHL in even the most limited capacity, and he'll need to grow before he's a legitimate prospect. I do like the selection since his family has a track record of late growth spurts, but if it doesn't come he'll be a career minor leaguer imo.

I really don't know what to make of Lain as a prospect. Good size, good FO ability at lower levels, but getting no love. I've got him in a group with Cassels, Archibald and Labate, but not sure what really separates any of these guys. Archibald probably the biggest offensive upside, but also the longest shot imo due to his skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad