Prospect Info: Who is the Canucks #11 prospect?

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
1. Bo Horvat (9th overall, 2013) - 64.13% [NEW]
2. Hunter Shinkaruk (24th overall, 2013) - 32.45% [NEW]
3. Frank Corrado (150th overall, 2011) - 48.00% [2012 - 8th]
4. Nicklas Jensen (29th overall, 2011) - 56.07% [2012 - 2nd]
5. Brendan Gaunce (26th overall, 2012) - 59.52% [2012 - 6th]
6. Jordan Schroeder (22nd overall, 2009) - 53.37% [2012 - 5th]
7. Eddie Lack (FA signed July 2010) - 82.63% [2012 - 4th]
8. Joacim Eriksson (FA signed June, 2013) - 51.88% [NEW]
9. Alexandre Mallet (57th overall, 2012) - 21.43% [2012 - 13th]
10. Ben Hutton (147th overall, 2012) - 32.08% [2012 - 20th]

Continue, Discuss

Last edited:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I really liked what I saw from Blomstrand in Chicago.

Pseudonymous*

Went with Cassels again, but its real close so i can see why anyone would argue for another player. I also like Archibald, probably because every game i watched happened to be a game where he was really standing out, he was terrific when it came to going to the net and i see his game translating to the nhl real well

To be honest, i am not good at analyzing D in a short amount of play like I can with forwards so in the times ive watched McEneny, Andersson, and Henrik Tommernes, i can't say with too much confidence theyre going to be nhl players, you just never know how theyre going to handle the size and skill of nhl forwards.. though in looking guys like Archibald, Cassels, etc , i feel more confident.I think im leaning more towards likeliness to make the NHL as i get lower in the rankings.

Im also going with more of a gut feeling when it comes to Cassels. The combination of his highlight packages, his improvement in stats, scouting reports, watching him closely at the scrimmage and his pedigree and half decent nhl size, i like this pick

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
McNally is going to go way too late in this.

Has a lot to do with his suspension.

Heard nothing about McNally since the suspension, and not sure how much this will hurt his development.

Pseudonymous*

McNally is going to go way too late in this.

Yep, i was higher on him before, now i have no idea where to even rate him. Guy is just watching hockey pass him by. 2 years out of hockey it will be? Last year and apparently not allowed to rejoin his club this year?

The younger you are, the more important that kind of time is missed, those are some pretty major development years

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Has a lot to do with his suspension.

Heard nothing about McNally since the suspension, and not sure how much this will hurt his development.

Can't imagine it will be as bad as people make it out to be. Prospects at his age miss whole seasons with injuries, sometimes even ones that last longer than this. He, meanwhile, could still practice and play shinny/lower level hockey.

Now if he'll miss next year then that would be a concern but I can't imagine those reports are accurate.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Was tempted to go with LaBate here but I voted for McNally. Even with the year he had, he's probably the prospect with the highest upside left here.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
While upside is important, I think at this point of the rankings it is also important to consider what the actual chance of the guy playing in the NHL is. I went Lain because IMO he has better odds than most left, and using the same thought-process I think Archibald is a fine choice too. They would be my next two.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Anyone remember where Peter Andersson was last year? I don't get why he keeps dropping (been voting for him the last 2 polls). He actually had a good season in terms of progression but seems to be dropping while Mallet went up after a BAD year in terms of progression (expectation for him last year was progressing in the AHL and he was pretty much given a spot on the team only to lose it... wouldn't call that a good year). Hutton going up was expected tho i don't see how he's ahead of Peter Andersson considering AHL is much closer in terms of competition than NCAA and Andersson was basically the Wolves top dman when healthy (not counting Tanev).

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Seeing as Everyone seems to be going with Tommernes and Andersson I figure I'll go with a guy I see more likely to play with the canucks next season...Adam Polasek. Big Physical defenseman who stands up for his teammates. I can see him being a Torts guy more so than Tommernes or Andersson.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Seeing as Everyone seems to be going with Tommernes and Andersson I figure I'll go with a guy I see more likely to play with the canucks next season...Adam Polasek. Big Physical defenseman who stands up for his teammates. I can see him being a Torts guy more so than Tommernes or Andersson.

How is Polasek more likely to play than Andersson? He actually had a pretty average year last year (imo he regressed quite a bit) and will be fighting for a spot on the AHL team. Andersson is pretty much a lock for top 4 minutes with the Comets while Polasek might end up back with the K-wings (remember he actually played MORE with the k-wings than Wolves last year and to be honestly, with the k-wings, i would say Sauve played BETTER than him...).

If the 'nucks somehow manage to sign Price or another depth dman on a 2 way contract, i would say its a safe bet Polasek is a lock to play on Kalamazoon. Heck i doubt he beats Sauve as it is considering MG gave Sauve a QO, i would think the last spot on the Comets is Sauve to lose (don't really see the point of signing a 23 year old to play in the ECHL).

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Predict that McNally would have been top 10 if not for the suspension... Really hope it doesn't hurt his development, I was pretty excited for him

But voted Andersson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad