who is the best fighter for us right now

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Prust but he throws pillows and doesn't scare anybody.
Tinordi against guys that are bigger than Prust and if you want punches that hurt.
Beaulieu is 3rd but we don't know much about him. Bad mother****er though.

Prust is our policeman :laugh: but... I think there's a reason NB hasn't fought much, and it isn't because he can't. Reputations travel fast in the NHL and I'm guessing he gained himself some space by filling in Matt Fraser. He's not likely to go against a heavyweight or other goon, but no one i
s cheap shotting him either. Bottom line, Prust is our best fighter, no contest.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Fighting is probably not what would kill someone on the ice so, it's doubtful. Maybe they could ban very sharp skates ;)

Thing is, sharp skates becomes irrelevant IF players use kevlar clothing under their equipment, kevlar neck guards, and a full face protection.

Most players chose to not use them though, same as visors, but this isn't really comparable to fighting at all. IMHO, kevlar suits should be covering all the skin (only the face shouldn't) and players hould be wearing full face protection, enough about the old school mentality where hockey is played by 'real' men. The next time a player get the Bryan Berard's freak injury will the a step closer to the permanent full face protection.

Fighting is unecessary and what differentiates real serious leagues like the NFL from the gong show that is the NHL sometimes. If I want to see staged fights I watch MMA, if I want to watch a hockey game I don't want to see staged fights. Emotionnal fights are ok though, but should be more severely punished, as it's really, an attempt to injure your oponent, a 5 and a game misconduct, plain and simple.

And that is coming from someone who fought when I played serious hockey, but only because I had it in me and was able to end on top most of the time. My dad also trained me to fight, had boxing lessons and was ready to take on anyone, but at same time I've had unecessary concussions because I was involved in scrums and fights, mostly to help my teammates and knowing I was trained I wasn't afraid of it.

Today, all the concussions I've had playing hockey and snowboarding added up and for example, I went riding a toboggan last weekend with my kids and had a headache just because we hit a icy bump at high speed. I'm 34 and don't fight anymore nor do any dangerous manoeuvers on a snowboard, my brain is scrambled and I can't imagine how it is for a pro hockey player that fights regularly at an older age. When I hear Latendresse about his constant headaches and blurry vision, I feel it for him. Enough playing with the athletes lives, we need to protect them from themselves.

Last edited:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Thing is, sharp skates becomes irrelevant IF players use kevlar clothing under their equipment, kevlar neck guards, and a full face protection.

Most players chose to not use them though, same as visors, but this isn't really comparable to fighting at all. IMHO, kevlar suits should be covering all the skin (only the face shouldn't) and players hould be wearing full face protection, enough about the old school mentality where hockey is played by 'real' men. The next time a player get the Bryan Berard's freak injury will the a step closer to the permanent full face protection.

Fighting is unecessary and what differentiates real serious leagues like the NFL from the gong show that is the NHL sometimes. If I want to see staged fights I watch MMA, if I want to watch a hockey game I don't want to see staged fights. Emotionnal fights are ok though, but should be more severely punished, as it's really, an attempt to injure your oponent, a 5 and a game misconduct, plain and simple.

And that is coming from someone who fought when I played serious hockey, but only because I had it in me and was able to end on top most of the time. My dad also trained me to fight, had boxing lessons and was ready to take on anyone, but at same time I've had unecessary concussions because I was involved in scrums and fights, mostly to help my teammates and knowing I was trained I wasn't afraid of it.

Today, all the concussions I've had playing hockey and snowboarding added up and for example, I went riding a toboggan last weekend with my kids and had a headache just because we hit a icy bump at high speed. I'm 34 and don't fight anymore nor do any dangerous manoeuvers on a snowboard, my brain is scrambled and I can't imagine how it is for a pro hockey player that fights regularly at an older age. When I hear Latendresse about his constant headaches and blurry vision, I feel it for him. Enough playing with the athletes lives, we need to protect them from themselves.

So who do you think is the best fighter on the team again? :rolleyes:

HabsFanInTO

HabsFanInBC Now
Nov 2, 2009
Powell River, BC
Thn

The Hockey News ranked the top 5 for each weight class, and I remembered Prust being ranked 1st for the "lightweight" category (199 and below) but I can't believe Tinordi is ranked 3rd for heavyweights (225-234 lbs). He's definitely tough though. Hockeyfights.com still has him listed at 6'4" 204! http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/13723

Also, Tinordi seems to be okay and is thinking he'll be playing Friday - http://www.tsn.ca/radio/mark-tinord...n-jarred-ready-to-play-for-canadiens-1.182390

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
I will go with Carey Price. He is like 6-4, 220. That is bigger than the majority of other goalies. A bunch of other goalies are his height but are more built string beans. He has an undefeated fighting record according to hockeyfights.com. He beat a crazy man in Tim Thomas. Also we all know that he can lay the body from when him and Subban hit each other after a Subban OT goal a few years ago. Subban went flying. I think that Price's go to move would be the triple low five. Three strait low blows usually will take any man down.

Price is actually 6'-3".

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
easy one Prust

yeah. Whether he is in his class or out of his class, he doesn't seem to lose any fight, at least not lose them convincingly.

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of prust was when the habs were down in Boston during the lockout shortened year.

Long story short, prust had the balls to take on lucic, and let's just say that he did not look out of place. The habs then came out in the 3rd and completed a gutsy comeback.

For all the limitations prust comes with, the guy is pretty much fearless, and in my opinion, an inspiration of sorts for the club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad