who is the best fighter for us right now

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Prust has the experience to handle himself against just about anyone of any size, but the answer to this just might be Nathan "Piston Fist" Beaulieu. :laugh:

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Fighting won't be banned lol.

One day it will be lol.

If someone dies on the ice they are banning fighting the next day.

This is 2015, this is how it works these day's. Some one dies on the ice because of a fight, or becomes paraplegic.. Immediate action needs to be taken. It will be banned if something like this happens.

Remember the pacioretty injury, what happened? The NHL changed the regulations for Stanchions in NHL arena's. Why? Because after Pacioretty they realized, someone is going to die one day because of this.

All it takes is one incident.

EDIT: And I'm going to add that if someone was to be killed during a fight, it would likely be not because of the fight itself, but because of the way the player hits the ice.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
One day it will be lol.

This is 2015, this is how it works these day's. Some one dies on the ice because of a fight, or becomes paraplegic.. Immediate action needs to be taken. It will be banned if something like this happens.

Remember the pacioretty injury, what happened? The NHL changed the regulations for Stanchions in NHL arena's. Why? Because after Pacioretty they realized, someone is going to die one day because of this.

Wait, so they banned stanchions? :sarcasm:

But since it would essentially take this to happen, again, here's hopin' it does, right? I mean, it's "obviously" only a matter of time...

EDIT: And I'm going to add that if someone was to be killed during a fight, it would likely be not because of the fight itself, but because of the way the player hits the ice.

And how the player ends up there, too. Fighting won't be removed from the game if it's clear that one individual crosses some boundary in some extreme way that would possibly even cause something like this. It would be the definition of a knee jerk reaction. People have died playing hockey before, but "somehow" the game lives on. But this is all kind of OT.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Fighting is probably not what would kill someone on the ice so, it's doubtful. Maybe they could ban very sharp skates ;)

I just said that fighting isn't what would kill someone, but the way the player hits the ice after or during a fight certainly has a much higher potential of causing fatal/serious injury.

Whether the player gets knocked out and is unable to protect his head as it slams into the ice from 7 feet in the air. Or a player goes down and his opponent lands on top of him in an awkward position causing neck injury.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Wait, so they banned stanchions? :sarcasm:

But since it would essentially take this to happen, again, here's hopin' it does, right? I mean, it's "obviously" only a matter of time...

And how the player ends up there, too. Fighting won't be removed from the game if it's clear that one individual crosses some boundary in some extreme way that would possibly even cause something like this. It would be the definition of a knee jerk reaction. People have died playing hockey before, but "somehow" the game lives on. But this is all kind of OT.

Sorry back on topic, It's Prust, Prust is our best fighter, stupid thread.

Mynameismark*

agreed. Fighting ban is one serious fighting related injury away.

So...there has been fighting going on for decades and decades...loads of fights and brawls...and suddenly, just suddenly, you and so many others are swallowing whole the crap that is being fed to you by the upstart media.

Kinda funny how the most serious injuries have come not from fights, but hits, stick work, and skates(accidents and such)

It's a dangerous game, played by men who know how to play and what they need to do to play the game the right way...and the right way includes fighting in Hockey. Stop changing the game that everyone knows and loves for newbs who are casuals and dont truly care nor understand the game. We've pandered enough to NBC and the south.

Mynameismark*

Plus the NHL is full of hypocrites..they promote their big rivalries by showcasing a whole load of past fights and brawls..bloodbaths and all.

Please. The NHL wants fighting to stay because they know the fans like it, but they need to try and appear politically correct by feigning a desire to control it.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Prust is are only fighter...

Also if they really want to controle fighting it should carry a automatic suspension or some kind of financial penalty to both player and team.

I like the way they do it in the NFL, just flat out kick the players out of the game.

Will still be fights but I doubt we'd end up seeing as many pointless staged fights closer to the start of the game. It's an emotional/physical sport so there will always be fights, but having to worry about getting kicked out and leaving your team down a guy will hopefully help guys think twice before fighting.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Where have all the heavyweights gone?
Do you really believe we need a deterrent against them?

Don't really think so
So when a guy like Downie takes multiple runs at Galchenyuk and sekac, we should politely ask him to stop and hope for the best?

We have ONE guy who can throw, one. He's a good middle but that's about it. If ( god forbid) we play a team and things start to go south, go south they will because we have no one who can reverse the flow.

If your playing the habs, you don't need a goon to impose your will, most teams have guys with more jam than our entire team outside of prust.

We started the season soft, and through trades and call ups, got smaller and softer ( not that Bork and Moen were killers)

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Prust BY FAR.

He's one of the best technical fighters in the league IMO.

As long as he fights at or around his weight class he is a beast.

NateB has potential though....he's entertainingly dummied a few guys already.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Prust will win most of his fights against middleweight. Beaulieu too, against middleweight, but we have no one that could take on a heavyweight, for now.

who are those heavyweights you speak of? doesn't look like there is many left

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
One day it will be lol.

Actually I thought it was shocking the way the NHL did little in the Max Pac incident, Chara got next to nothing. People were screaming murder and nothing happened. But that's cause the NHL had the balls to not crumble over social media and the old ladies.

People have died fighting in hockey before and nothing happened. And I hope it never changes. People know the risk, hockey is a dangerous sport. You have wooden sticks, blades, you play on the ice, big bodies crashing into each other on an ice surface.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Actually I thought it was shocking the way the NHL did little in the Max Pac incident, Chara got next to nothing. People were screaming murder and nothing happened. But that's cause the NHL had the balls to not crumble over social media and the old ladies.

People have died fighting in hockey before and nothing happened. And I hope it never changes. People know the risk, hockey is a dangerous sport. You have wooden sticks, blades, you play on the ice, big bodies crashing into each other on an ice surface.

Obviously it's a dangerous game. What I hate about the fighting aspect, and this will never change is when guy's get hurt doing it and it has a permanent effect on their career. Or when a young guy like Tinordi who should be playing hockey, gets hurt in a boxing match.

Man I was watching clips from Boogard, my god that man did damage to people.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
So when a guy like Downie takes multiple runs at Galchenyuk and sekac, we should politely ask him to stop and hope for the best?

We have ONE guy who can throw, one. He's a good middle but that's about it. If ( god forbid) we play a team and things start to go south, go south they will because we have no one who can reverse the flow.

If your playing the habs, you don't need a goon to impose your will, most teams have guys with more jam than our entire team outside of prust.

We started the season soft, and through trades and call ups, got smaller and softer ( not that Bork and Moen were killers)
Downie isn't a heavyweight, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad