Who is the BEST D-MAN in the League

Who is #1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I personally voted Hedman. I think his size and overall two way game make him ideal in all situations.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It kills me to say this, but as someone who values defensive play in defensemen above offense, it's Doughty. At least this year.

Hedman could be in the mix if not for injuries.

Karlsson's great offense is tough to ignore putting him third. And yes I know he's not inept defensively. In any case he's in an off year so I don't think it's controversial to put him third.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Karlsson was in a cast from june to september, he'd blow the competition out of the water this season if he wasn't.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Gonna assume this is for this year and there’s no way it’s Karlsson. No way.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Given Karlsson's track record, I think he deserves the benefit of one off season. Y'all were quick to write OV off after last season and Crosby after the first 25 games this season, the guys at the top every year deserve some benefit of the doubt.

Doughty and Hedman top 3.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
"who is" sounds pretty present oriented to me. But if not then I retract my complaint

There's a difference between being the best player and having the best season, even in the "present".

A couple of months into last season people called Patrice Bergeron 'done'. Anze Kopitar is another example.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
There's a difference between being the best player and having the best season, even in the "present".

A couple of months into last season people called Patrice Bergeron 'done'. Anze Kopitar is another example.

Claude Giroux as well

Reactions: Elvs

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Ill say Karlsson still that said he obviously will have to roar back next season to maintain that epithet.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Hedman or Karlsson can't go wrong with either Swedish pirate. Doughty and Subban battling it out for 3rd.

Hedman has been playing the best hockey of his career both leading up to and now recovering from the injury. He's been defending at his usual elite level, scoring a ton, and shooting like a madman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad