4th Best Centre

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
It shows he's a top 3 (AT LEAST) goal scoring centre in the league. Barzal hasn't even played a full season in the NHL. Would you say he's better than Bergeron too? He's got more points than him. Barkov has been on the ice this year almost 300 minutes more than Matthews and has one more point than him. Lol.
I think most people don't realize that Matthews missed time due to injury, doesn't get true top line minutes, and doesn't get nearly 1st PP minutes as other top players do. If I'm heading into the playoffs for THIS SEASON... i'd choose Kopitar first, Bergeron 2nd, and Matthews 3rd.

Reactions: WillTheThrill

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It shows he's a top 3 (AT LEAST) goal scoring centre in the league. Barzal hasn't even played a full season in the NHL. Would you say he's better than Bergeron too? He's got more points than him. Barkov has been on the ice this year almost 300 minutes more than Matthews and has one more point than him. Lol.

I think it shows he has the potential to score more goals and if this was a discussion going forward I would certainly take that into consideration and likely rank Matthews higher but right now he is scoring what he is and it isn't as high or impressive as other guys on the list or in the NHL.

No I would not say Barzal is better than Bergeron because the defensive gap between the two is much bigger than Matthews and Barzal and the point difference is smaller.

So Barkov has more point and is the much better defender than Matthews? LOL all you want but it seems like a pretty easy choice as to who is the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad