4th Best Centre

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
My vote goes to Tavares, although Bergeron is in the conversation. Matthews will get there but I'm not comfortable putting him in my top 5 just yet.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Stamkos, Tavares, Bergeron, Kopitar, Backstrom, Getzlaf, and Seguin to make the top 10.

Scheifele, Mackinnon, Matthews, Eichel, and Barkov next.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Why are people voting for Matthews?!?
Forget the fact that he's a Leaf, the kid is a stud

Great defensively, and dominant offensively. If he didn't miss 10 games his numbers would look a lot better as well considering the time it took him to adjust and re-adjust

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Have a feeling that Bergeron is going to be runner-up in about 4/5 more polls. A huge percentage of people just don't put weight into defensive play.

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
Was close between Bergeron and Tavares for me. Voted Bergy.
Also really like the way Mackinnon is shining and playing now.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland

Great defensively, and dominant offensively. If he didn't miss 10 games his numbers would look a lot better as well considering the time it took him to adjust and re-adjust
17 centers have better PPG than Matthews and Matthews has really unsustainable offensive stats. He has been really lucky and still 18th in ppg. Dominant? Cmon. Someday he might be top 5 center. Atm maybe top 10 and even thats debatable.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles

He's not even a PPG player and his defense is not Selke-level. How does that qualify a player as the fourth best center in the NHL?

He's a great center, no doubt, but no better than Tavares, Begeron, Stamkos, etc.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Same. Voted Tavares, and Bergeron next IMO. Maybe Stamkos after that?

Yeah Stamkos, MacKinnon, and after that Matthews/Barkov/Getzlaf/Kopitar finalize the top 10 with one of them on the outside of the top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad