Speculation: Who Is Our Underachiever?

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I am going to probably go with Hodgson.....followed by Grigorenko.....neither seems to have a strong compete level or drive to them.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Called armia as a bust two years ago and got absolutely flamed for it hahah. I like our group now. Maybe grigorenko if I have to pick one but I can see him contributing in some form

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Eric Rasmussen? That is a blast from the past lol

What a disappointment that was. Drafted 7th oa, had a heck of a WJC with nine points in six games, came in with our blue chip expectations riding on a big frame. Looked like he had so much potential...and he kept it all to himself :laugh:

Seriously though, Bustamuffin broke our hearts.

Russ Tyler

Jul 9, 2011
HSBC Arena
For reference:

LA: Hickey 4th overall, Teubert 13th overall

Chicago: Skille 8th overall, Beach 11th overall

So I don't think Compher really qualifies.

Grigorenko is the most likely followed by Zadorov.

I think Zads is definitely capable of putting up points in the NHL and throwing down some big hits here and there, but he is far from a defensively reliable player. Let's hope he didn't learn too much from Meszaros this year. I certainly don't hope so, but it wouldn't surprise me if his career trajectory ends up being similar.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Two goal night from Grigo in Roch to close out the year.

I'm hoping to see Grigo and Eichel on the same line next year. Could be real exciting.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Two goal night from Grigo in Roch to close out the year.

I'm hoping to see Grigo and Eichel on the same line next year. Could be real exciting.

And wasn't Grigs playing wing that game on a line with Reinhart? Don't see much room for him long-term at center (at least not in a top 6 scoring role), but things could get interesting if he can adapt well to the wing.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I think its better if there are some perimeters, does this mean people think the player will be traded? Zadorov has played only 67 games and was only in the NHL because he couldn't play in the OHL.

When the OP says, "wont pan out" people think Zadorov will bust here?

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
For reference:

LA: Hickey 4th overall, Teubert 13th overall

Chicago: Skille 8th overall, Beach 11th overall

So I don't think Compher really qualifies.

Grigorenko is the most likely followed by Zadorov.

I think Zads is definitely capable of putting up points in the NHL and throwing down some big hits here and there, but he is far from a defensively reliable player. Let's hope he didn't learn too much from Meszaros this year. I certainly don't hope so, but it wouldn't surprise me if his career trajectory ends up being similar.

Based on draft position I agree. However, based on the fact that we gave up Sekera to pick Compher, I'd say he has a lot to live up to and therefor qualifies. Otherwise my money is on Grigorenko. I was so happy we drafted him and the kid has skills, but he just seems to choke out there. I haven't given up on him quite yet, and he did improve in the last few games, but he is hanging on by a thread. He may become an underachiever not only on his own but being leapfrogged and pushed out of the role we thought he'd take when he was drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad