Who is our next captain?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lately i have a feeling, that best candidate for C is Ryan. At list if he walks or gets traded, Sens would have a crazy record. 3 captains in three years.

How about this?

We give Ryan the c this year. If he walks, it will be 3 captains in 3 years. Then we give Phillips the captain and then when he walks, it will be 4 captains in 4 years. Then we give Michalek the c and when he walks, it will be 5 captains in 5 years.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Why are people talking 4 A's now? Because Montreal is doing some weird rotation thing? NHL rules are that we can only have 3 letters on the ice at any given time (ie. one C does not = 2 A's). Montreal is doing their 4 A's by rotating the third A between Patches and Subban: Subban at home games half the year and Patches at away games, then they switch (which is dumb imo).

Might as well give half the team A's (Mac Turris Ryan Methot Phillips Neil Karlsson, Smith, hell why not Andy?!)

Just do 3 permanent A's and give it a rest. You're stuck with Philly and Neil since they're not going to strip them. Slap an A on Turris or EK, problem solved.

That would be what I would do; 3 As. Candidates would be Phillips (incumbent), Neil (incumbent), MacArthur (hard worker), Turris hard worker), Karlsson (best player), Methot (best D after Mr. K), and SURPRISE Legwand.

Cashin

Sep 24, 2014
The only reason this is even a question right now is Phillips' poor performances as of late. Having a captain that gets scratched on a regular basis is a bit silly, unless he was already captain before the decline in play.

That said, he is the perfect candidate in every other respect. Career Senator, a leader on and off the ice, was for the majority of his career a top 10 defensive defenseman, and by all accounts a great all around guy. I can't imagine their bypass Phillips and give the captaincy to a younger guy.

The next closest candidate is Neil but his play has been equally unimpressive lately. I don't care about the penalty minutes side of things (see Scott Stevens), but in terms of tenure he still bows out to Phillips.

So Phillips or 3 As.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
It's going to be Phillips and that's the right choice for the next two years. This team is so young they need a veteran captain. Karlsson will be next and he will be ready in two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad