Who is our next captain?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Should have gone with no captain this season. That being said, I think it goes to Philips. Maybe it will up his value when we go to trade him next deadline.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I wanna say Turris here, but I'm probably alone with this one.

3 A's sound good. Phillips, Neil and Karlsson (Home) - Turris (Road)

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa

3 A's sound good. Phillips, Neil and Karlsson (Home) - Turris (Road)

Not alone, Turris would be a great C. Good Playoff performance, great defensively and can chip in the offense, works hard every shift, backchecks.

Only thing that I dont like about Turris is he seems like a quiet guy...but I really dont know how he is in the locker room.

Get rid of Neil/Phillips,

Turris - C, Karlsson - A, MacArthur A

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
3 A's.... Phillips, Neil, then have Turris, Methot,MacCarthur rotate...

I personally dont see Karlsson as Captain material... Seems too immature at this stage of his career to take on that role... Maybe something he could grow into down the road but I dont think he is ready for it... His ducking the media, body language, general care free attitude, etc dont mesh well with a young Captain IMO...

At the same time I couldnt see Turris being a Captain either, seems very mellow, almost like he is high 1/2 the time...

It will probably go to Phillips(who wont be scratched) and fans will complain...

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

I don't exactly want to say Turris, but I can't think of anyone more suited. In fact, just purge the leadership altogether.

C - Turris
A - Karlsson
A - Methot, maybe?

It will be a good year for experimenting.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Is this a thread of who people here WANT to be the next captain, or who the team WILL ACTUALLY CHOOSE to be the next captain?

Because it's like 90% guaranteed to be Phillips, regardless of how you feel about him/ his game. Probably a slight chance that we go with three "A"s instead.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Is this a thread of who people here WANT to be the next captain, or who the team WILL ACTUALLY CHOOSE to be the next captain?

Because it's like 90% guaranteed to be Phillips, regardless of how you feel about him/ his game. Probably a slight chance that we go with three "A"s instead.

You're correct, but I really don't want to think about that until it happens.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Phillips. And as much as I don't like the guy, it will be a smart decision.

1) It will make him try to be better

2) It will allow us to see who is truly ready to take over the C afterwards in Karlsson, Lazar, Turris.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Zero chance they snub Phillips and don't give him the C. He's been a good soldier for the club and is going to retire with that C on his chest. I actually think Neil should go without the letter and the A's going to Karlsson and Turris.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O

The thread and poll are about who will actually be the next captain (Phillips seems to be the consensus), but any feedback on who you would like to see wear the C and the As is welcome too.

Phillips. And as much as I don't like the guy, it will be a smart decision.

1) It will make him try to be better

2) It will allow us to see who is truly ready to take over the C afterwards in Karlsson, Lazar, Turris.

Lazar? I could see his game and personality type lending itself to a captaincy one day, but that would be several years down the road, if ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00