Prospect Info: Who is our 4th best prospect?

Who is our 4th best prospect?

• Jared McIsaac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robert Mastrosimone

• William Wallinder

• Other (Please specify)

• Dennis Cholowski

• Evgeny Svechnikov

• Total voters

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I like the most of Niederbach's potential, but think it's Veleno at this point of careers.

Don't understand why did we jump over the 3rd best.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I like the most of Niederbach's potential, but think it's Veleno at this point of careers.

Zadina is the third best. After 62 games with Red Wings Rasmussen still prospect

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Crazy lines in 2 years
Raymond-Larkin-Zadina
Bert-Ras-Mantha
Bergreen-Veleno-Mastrosimone
Elmer-Fabbri-Svechnikov

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Crazy lines in 2 years
Raymond-Larkin-Zadina
Bert-Ras-Mantha
Bergreen-Veleno-Mastrosimone
Elmer-Fabbri-Svechnikov

I find it extremely hard to believe that Ras is a 2nd line center in the NHL. All I hear about Veleno is that "there is no way this guy us a 2nd line center in the NHL, his game will not translate well", yet to me, there is no way Ras is a 2nd line center in the NHL. He lacks creativity and offensive upside. If all goes well, he's a 3C who can chip in on the PP, but at this point I'm not even confident all will go well with him.

I find it mind boggling that Ras is winning this poll. I have Veleno, Berggren, Johansson all ahead of him and would honestly consider picking a couple other guys before him.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

So we don't have to endure another thread of Zadina's legitimacy as a prospect being called into question. Frk It made it simple. He is a prospect, and he is clearly the next best prospect, and very well could have been higher than 3 if people would have agreed on his status from the beginning.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This is (should be) obviously Rasmussen. Had a guy in the AHL describe him to me as a 6'6 Bergeron. Wont be as good obviously but wins every faceoff, shuts other teams top lines down and chips in some offense. As a shut down third line center and PP weapon combine with his size and work ethic I think hes going to have the biggest impact on the wings playoff success going forward.

He was clearly ahead of Veleno this past year in the AHL who is getting more votes. He might never be a top 6 center but a top 6 winger is definitely a good possibility. Guys like Veleno and especially Berggren have way more to prove before they jump ahead of him

Reactions: archimet

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
What the crap is this crap?
We just give Zadina #3 without a transparent vote done by the people???

#NotMYThirdRankedProspect
Yes, the people are due full "transparency votes", which should logically be our M.O. Then let the true results speak for themselves. Zadina is #2 to me, only behind Seider. Raymond is recency bias + less proven etc.

"#NotMYThirdRankedProspect" :laugh::naughty::nod::D:DD:skeptic:

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
This is (should be) obviously Rasmussen. Had a guy in the AHL describe him to me as a 6'6 Bergeron. Wont be as good obviously but wins every faceoff, shuts other teams top lines down and chips in some offense. As a shut down third line center and PP weapon combine with his size and work ethic I think hes going to have the biggest impact on the wings playoff success going forward.

He was clearly ahead of Veleno this past year in the AHL who is getting more votes. He might never be a top 6 center but a top 6 winger is definitely a good possibility. Guys like Veleno and especially Berggren have way more to prove before they jump ahead of him

Where does it show he was winning so many faceoffs? I'm looking at the AHL statistics and not seeing that in the expanded. Second, I believe you're really overstating Rasmussen's defensive abilities. We all want him to become the next Kevin Hayes but he was only so-so defensively on a team that was only so-so defensively. During the first half he was clearly a top 3 forward for Grand Rapids most nights, but far from dominant in any area of the ice.

Rasmussen was clearly ahead of Veleno at the beginning of last season prior to his injury. After Veleno's return from the WJC Veleno's game was transformed and last season was a story of a rookie starting out the season in over his head, then finishing the season looking like he belonged. Instead of passing the puck to the AHL vets all the time he skated the puck up ice more, he scored at a higher pace, and was winning more of his defensive battles. This year we can see that he's been downright dominant on faceoffs, winning over 70% most games.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Where does it show he was winning so many faceoffs? I'm looking at the AHL statistics and not seeing that in the expanded. Second, I believe you're really overstating Rasmussen's defensive abilities. We all want him to become the next Kevin Hayes but he was only so-so defensively on a team that was only so-so defensively. During the first half he was clearly a top 3 forward for Grand Rapids most nights, but far from dominant in any area of the ice.

Rasmussen was clearly ahead of Veleno at the beginning of last season prior to his injury. After Veleno's return from the WJC Veleno's game was transformed and last season was a story of a rookie starting out the season in over his head, then finishing the season looking like he belonged. Instead of passing the puck to the AHL vets all the time he skated the puck up ice more, he scored at a higher pace, and was winning more of his defensive battles. This year we can see that he's been downright dominant on faceoffs, winning over 70% most games.

I'm not overstating Rasmussens defensive ability, I'm just relaying what I've been told by one of the best players in the AHL. Choose to believe it or not, its your choice, but he described him as the AHLs version of Bergeron who is ridiculously hard to play against. Shadows top players, is massive, doesnt lose draws, super strong and has such a long reach hes extremely hard to play against.

And yea, Veleno finished strong, he should be voted next. Rasmussen had a strong season start to finish and was ahead of Veleno the entire season.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
if rasmussen and veleno are other teams prospects, im not trading Berggren for either of them 1 for 1

so i go Berggren here

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
if rasmussen and veleno are other teams prospects, im not trading Berggren for either of them 1 for 1

so i go Berggren here

Here's how I look at it:
Veleno could be a 2C or 3C who is responsible defensively and who you put out there for key draws.
Rasmussen could be a 2W or 3C who is responsible defensively and who you put out there for key draws.
Berggren is a top 6 winger or bust. Looking like he's got more offensive potential but also looking like if he's not scoring he's not contributing.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Here's how I look at it:
Veleno could be a 2C or 3C who is responsible defensively and who you put out there for key draws.
Rasmussen could be a 2W or 3C who is responsible defensively and who you put out there for key draws.
Berggren is a top 6 winger or bust. Looking like he's got more offensive potential but also looking like if he's not scoring he's not contributing.
And he's been injured all the time

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Guess so lol.

Kid is so smooth. I always come away so impressed when I watch him considering his age/role/position.
I figure he's projecting to be a second pair D right now, and I think that's more valuable than a 3C. 3C can be picked up in UFA, Dmen tend to be more expensive.

All projections, they're all still young.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Neat how close this is. I'm gonna go make some popcorn and keep refreshing this page all night. I'll keep yall posted with live results. Currently Veleno is in the lead by one vote.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Here's how I look at it:

Your take on Veleno is why I chose him (JV up by 2 votes now). I think he will easily be the most versatile/situational player of the others listed.

I'm also harkening back to when I saw him at the WJ Showcase centering Dach and Laf and looking like the most well-rounded of the 3. I'm not saying he'll be on par with those two so don't flip. I've seen dozens of first rounders come through Plymouth and Veleno has been one of the more memorable ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad