Who is our 23 man roster on opening night?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Any consideration for Carter Camper?

I doubt it, even with the year he had and your injuries, he didn't get a call up.

He didn't get called up because he's not in the organization anymore. Signed with Ottawa in the summer.

HattanJacket85

Jan 20, 2014
New York, NY
Jenner-Johansen-Atkinson
Foligno- Dubi- Dano
Hartnell- Wennberg- Clarkson
Calvert- Chaput- Bourque

(Morin, Karlsson)

Murray- FA/Trade
JJ- Tyutin
Savard- Cotton

Bob (Mac)

zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
I'd love to see us trade for a top pairing defenseman ala Vlasic, but I'm pretty sure the price for him would be too steep for Jarmo and JD

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Thought this might be an appropriate place to throw this out there. As I was writing this I realized there is so much more that can be reviewed (and I will) but the CBJ actually had several performances that were impressive offensively. Not only that but on their current contracts some are downright steals. I'm planning to go more in depth individually. I'm aware this is focused on productivity value and doesn't cover the full value each player may bring to the ice. Hopefully you find it as interesting and valuable as I did.

Feedback welcome and appreciated. Any thoughts on what people want to see please let me know. Thanks for reading.

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/04/columbus-blue-jackets-player-productivity-forwards/

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Wonder what the thoughts are on Austin Madaisky, especially if Reilly doesn't sign? He was producing very nicely in Springfield before his injury. He's an RFA.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
can't see us not bringing Madaisky back..and he probably would be in that mix somewhere...probably needs another year or so in Springy

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Jenner-Johansen-Atkinson
Foligno- Dubi- Dano
Hartnell- Wennberg- Clarkson
Calvert- Chaput- Bourque

(Morin, Karlsson)

Murray- FA/Trade
JJ- Tyutin
Savard- Cotton

Bob (Mac)

Good grief why? We might get rid of a depth center, but two? Nah.

Chaput... Bleh.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Wonder what the thoughts are on Austin Madaisky, especially if Reilly doesn't sign? He was producing very nicely in Springfield before his injury. He's an RFA.

A lot better than the year before I'm sure. Don't see why we wouldn't sign him to another deal.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'd love to see us trade for a top pairing defenseman ala Vlasic, but I'm pretty sure the price for him would be too steep for Jarmo and JD

Vlasic, another (sort of) top pairing d-man that really is better off as a 3/4. No thanks.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Vlasic, another (sort of) top pairing d-man that really is better off as a 3/4. No thanks.

I don't know his game that well, but it seems Vlasic would give us a defensive game a full step better than any of our guys. Of course we could use that.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Surely this is your idea of a fanciful jest. Vlasic is basically Suter if you take away the point shot and the overeagerness to land a big hit. He's fantastic.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Surely this is your idea of a fanciful jest. Vlasic is basically Suter if you take away the point shot and the overeagerness to land a big hit. He's fantastic.

Suter? Umm yeah. He's great for 4.x million though.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Marc - Edouard Vlasic... Who is he? sure, he is serious man , but I cant imagine...:sarcasm:
ALVKqsJ.jpg

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Ok lets not get carried away :laugh: the offensive side isn't even close but on the defensive side its not horrible but its still not "basically Suter".
That being said he would instantly be our best defensive player and really balance out our backend

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Vlasic is an Olympian top-4 defenseman for Canada.

He is so much better than any Blue Jacket at any position. I mean...come on.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ok lets not get carried away :laugh: the offensive side isn't even close but on the defensive side its not horrible but its still not "basically Suter".
That being said he would instantly be our best defensive player and really balance out our backend

As a longtime fan of both, I feel the comparison is fair and justified. Vlasic doesn't do transition like Suter, but he doesn't have the positional gaffes Suter does from trying to smash people. :dunno:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Vlasic is an Olympian top-4 defenseman for Canada.

He is so much better than any Blue Jacket at any position. I mean...come on.

Yeah and Tyutin is a top 4 Olympian for Russia. Yipee. He's a good d-man too.

As far as better than being anyone else on our team. Could be, but that isn't saying much. Certainly doesn't put in in the same class as Suter - in any zone.

Talk to JK about giving up the assets. He's not enough of an upgrade to justify the assets needed to get him.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Quick question: Does anybody know Chaput's waiver situation next year?

I miss capgeek

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Nevermind. I have no idea. I have read the CBA enough times to lose a season of exemption but still have no idea for sure.

It looks like it all comes down to one of two things:

As an 18 year old draftee he gets a five year exemption from the date of signing his NHL contract (2012) which is reduced to 3 years upon him playing 11 NHL games (2013-14 season) which suggests he has one year of exemption left.

If he is considered a 20 year old (how old he was when he signed) then his year in Springfield counted as one of his 3.

Clear? If so please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad