Who is Next

Who’s next, possible candidates after letting TMac go

• Total voters

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think you guys are underplaying how hard it is to get an NHL head coaching gig. I am almost certain Nelson would come here for a head coaching opportunity. He's not getting them anywhere else right now.
The Wings are 0-5 to start the season. If I'm him, I stick with the Griffins and coach my way into that gig because the odds of this Oilers job being a secure one is quite limited if the results aren't turned around immediately.

There's plenty of staff employed today. I don't see the sense of introducing another opinion into the room.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I hate todds coaching. But i voted keep todd.

f*** this league and f*** you.

I dont think a coach is the answer....maybe a new cba that doesnt tie revenue to the dollar and allows local revenues to add bonus salary.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
The Wings are 0-5 to start the season. If I'm him, I stick with the Griffins and coach my way into that gig because the odds of this Oilers job being a secure one is quite limited if the results aren't turned around immediately.

There's plenty of staff employed today. I don't see the sense of introducing another opinion into the room.

Huh? Isn't the premise of this thread that he's replacing McLellan as our head coach? That's certainly what I was writing about. Anyways, I suppose waiting to see what the Wings do with Blashill is fair, but I don't know that the Wings are the type of org to can a coach for starting poorly when they've finally decided to rebuild.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
If they fire McLellan, I would think that Trent Yawny is the likely candidate to take over as HC, because I would think that sort of possibility would have been discussed to lure him out of Anaheim.

Yawney needs to focus on coaching the defence.

Gulutzan or even Viveiros would be better interim Head Coaches IMO.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Fred Flintstone.

525166636.0.jpg

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I mean if ypu instated two rules

1- players are compensared based on per year performance.

2- players are catapolted from the leage after 2 yrs of below avg/1/4 performance.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Huh? Isn't the premise of this thread that he's replacing McLellan as our head coach? That's certainly what I was writing about. Anyways, I suppose waiting to see what the Wings do with Blashill is fair, but I don't know that the Wings are the type of org to can a coach for starting poorly when they've finally decided to rebuild.
It is, but if we're firing McLellan, I don't see the sense of hiring a new HC without allowing them to bring in their own assistants. If we're firing the coach and replacing him with someone from outside the organization, I'd prefer that coach to get their start with a full training camp to assess the team themselves, which is why I'd replace McLellan today with someone already employed by the organization. I expect this team in the playoffs this year--which is why I prefer an interim coach as opposed to permanent replacement.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Me wants Nelson back, AV would be decent. Maybe Sutter. Or just have Gully as interim HC then hire someone in the summer.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton

Nelson is no longer with the Griffins. He took the assistant coach position with the Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad