Who is most responsible for the "streak"?

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Wait wait how is it possible to declare a trade that swapped borderline number ones , and a top six goal scoring offensive talent on wing for three months of Stafford and some prospects a loss?

At this moment?

After how well Bogosian has played here?

ZeroPT*

Wait wait how is it possible to declare a trade that swapped borderline number ones , and a top six goal scoring offensive talent on wing for three months of Stafford and some prospects a loss?

At this moment?

After how well Bogosian has played here?

assuming Bogosian and Myers are a wash we traded Stafford for nothing so it's a net loss. I'm not calling the trade a loss (yet)

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
He's the only one who can be blamed. And no one saw anyone else trying to tank this year, huh?

I'm not hiding from the fact that I think Myers for kane and bogosian is a good deal. I think Myers is a potent 2 way #1d and we moved him for complementary pieces. But that's for nothing to do with nothing in this thread and your message is basically hey haseoke I think you're an embarrassment and should get the **** of the boards. So thanks for that.

And I suppose you think that it must be someone's fault, huh.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Murray built the team to be better than last year. 52 points last year, 52 this year so far.

Yes, but he also dismantled it by dealing off their 2 starting goalies as they got hot.

Everyone else is doing EXACTLY what they should be.

For the past 2-3 weeks, they are but thankfully, Gionta, Moulson and Meszaros kept their scoring in the closet for the previous 4 months. Equally as beneficial was Hodgson's nosedive after his 20-goal season last year. Otherwise, the Sabres may have been where the Leafs are now and not within striking distance of 30th.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Yes, but he also dismantled it by dealing off their 2 starting goalies as they got hot.

He dealt a few people, and their replacements have done enough to derail the tank. People have blamed the coach and certain players, but not the GM who hired the coach and built the roster. Ultimately it is all the GMs responsibility.

At the very least he underestimated the ability of Arizona to match his tank. Of course, this assumes that the goal from day 1 was McEichel. I don't think picking top 2 was ever the goal for the season, don't remember Murray ever openly stating that it was.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Arturs Irbe. Just look at the goaltending we've seen from mediocre at best goaltenders.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
The fans for cheering when the Sabres lost in OT to Phoenix.

/thread

The reality is that they have been playing with a passion since that game. They have outshot their opponents in the 3 games since which is unusual.

moltenlava26

Jul 10, 2011
Mike (-22 for the season) Weber. He has a ton of balls to call out the fans who have supported his, at best, "average" play for several seasons. Where was this "passion" all year?
Go cry tears in your 1.66 mil per year pillow Mike. Can't wait to hear the excuses next year how he is trying so hard but just can't win close games....

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I don't blame these guys for trying to win, or even finding some new motivation to win this last week. Their reasoning and perspective is just skewed though. Weber talked about how tough the last two years have been. I get that, but how about the last 20+ years that fans have been waiting for something good? Some fans should try to understand the players' perspective, and vice versa. Except I don't think the players are going to stop trying harder this last week, and it has the potential for one of the worst examples of Buffalo sports luck...ever.

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
I would have to say that about 80% to 95% of the fans that follow the team are truly hoping we end up with McJesus or Eichel.so that would imply we finish last

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad