Who is Going to Watch: NBC and NHL prepare for the finals that no one saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Caps/Bolts ratings have been higher than Pens/Sens last year and Knights/Jets were better than Preds/Ducks last year.

Saturday's Caps/Bolts game 5 was the highest conference final matchup since 2015 that wasn't a game 7.

Yep. We talked about how it was higher than the other two data points used.

By comparison, 1.5M people watched Lakefront Bargain Hunt on HGTV.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Maybe this has already been addressed, but...does it really matter how many people will watch the finals?
If yes, why?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Maybe this has already been addressed, but...does it really matter how many people will watch the finals?
If yes, why?

In my OP, I felt it mattered in that ratings on NBC since their TV deal have been less than that of ABC and Fox. I didn’t see the time zones, lack of a big market team and compelling storyline to offer much of a chance that they would see a massive spike this year.

With 3 years left, this probably isn’t what the NHL wants to see as it negotiates the next one.

That’s really the whole premise of the thread.

The thread has been sidetracked by what I would theorize are some Vegas fans who say they don’t care who watches but are upset enough to make up what this thread is about and argue with that distorted version.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I think Vegas being in the series will bring in lots of casual fans. These people watch for a storyline, not star players or the same teams over and over. It will be a very compelling storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad