Who is going to let us down this year?

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Not to make a pessimistic thread, but there is usually 1 or 2 players that regress during the year. Now I understand that nobody can really be as bad as last year, but is there someone you think will have a rough year this year?

It's hard to come up with someone lol, so that's why I thought I would ask because chances are someone is going to drop off, it's just a matter of who

McDeathbyCheerios*

Not to make a pessimistic thread, but there is usually 1 or 2 players that regress during the year. Now I understand that nobody can really be as bad as last year, but is there someone you think will have a rough year this year?

It's hard to come up with someone lol, so that's why I thought I would ask because chances are someone is going to drop off, it's just a matter of who
No.
Last year all our guys fell off. And took over half a season to recover.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

As long as its not Talbot we are in good shape.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Talbot, Lander Sekera

Dont grill me but I dont think Hall and Mcdavid will live up to expectations in year 1

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'm going with Nikitin. Not in a way that he'll play bad like everyone expects but in a way that he'll play just good enough to not be sent to Bakersfield.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Talbot is one of the riskiest, by position alone there are ups and downs. When a few rangers fans were describing talbot in a thread a whole back it sounded just like Dubnyk when he was playing pretty good for us.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Why the negative thread? Put your rose coloured glasses back on and enjoy the hype while it lasts.:)

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
Why the negative thread? Put your rose coloured glasses back on and enjoy the hype while it lasts.:)

Agreed haha. I'm far too optimistic to participate in this thread.

I'd like to counter with a 'who is going to surprise this year?' My vote is Draisaitl. It's only preseason, I know, but he looks like a different player. Confident and dominant.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Agreed haha. I'm far too optimistic to participate in this thread.

I'd like to counter with a 'who is going to surprise this year?' My vote is Draisaitl. It's only preseason, I know, but he looks like a different player. Confident and dominant.

Drai has the advantage over most others in terms of shaking off the rust.. Having said that he surely didnt look like a prospect trying to earn a roster spot .. He played like a team leader trying to make things happen.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Purcell, Nikintin, Ference.

That is sort of stating the obvious though. On top of that I think Drai and Nurse will be ok, but just have a lot of growing pains. They will be pretty inconsistent.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
The more I think about it, the more I see hall falling back, I think injury will keep him out and someone will replace him on mcdavid's line that will be better....I hope I'm wrong but I can see this happening

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Injuries.

If we are regularly healthy I actually think this team is a play-off team or very close to it.

After December, at least, we will look like a team that is going to win a cup on McJebus' ELC. I'm much more bullish on our D than the prognosticators are and think we have 5 top four D in Sekera, Fayne, Klef, Schultz and Griff, with another force on the way in Nurse.

Our team is really good once we develop some better habits

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Replacement;

Effin old negative codger not getting with the new renewed Oil Change program fast enough.

Showing increasing wear. Not anything close to total buy in currently. Eakins really hurt his development. Posting remains the same count but less and less substance/60mins. Increasing notable errors/60mins. Grievous decline in avatar bets/60mins which used to be automatic.

Thread starts all but disappeared.

Not showing topsix status on board anymore. Settling into lesser role, letting other posters do heavy digging, and suspected to cut corners and not bring enough effort.

Still gets in on the reply forecheck, resilient and persistent and gets others to cough up some rebound replies but has lost a step and not on his game nearly as sharp. Iron man status though and plays every game and can be counted on to be in the lineup.

Looks to be fine vet supporting cast though but definitely not deserving of a letter anymore at this stage..Could be a contractual burden this year or next. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad