Prospect Info: Who is Canucks #4 prospect?

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Going Jensen here, his combo of size/skill/shot are very good. He's going to be an excellent goal scorer in the NHL for a long time

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
This one will be close I think. Probably Jensen, Vey, McCann. Out of those 3 Jensen has played the best at the NHL level. For a stretch of games he was Canucks best forward. When his confidence is up he has a wicked shot. Then Vey and then McCann.

Ventana*

Gotta be Jensen. He's proven himself at least a bit at the NHL level and also has good potential to be a top 6 player. Voted him #1 because if we're going off most NHL ready, he'd be my pick. Good big bodied sniper.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Pretty split on McCann, Corrado, and Jensen.

This is where it gets hard, huh?

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
Have to go with Jensen. He's nearly NHL ready, and already showed himself somewhat capable of production last season. If he doesn't make the team at the start, I expect him to be a call up if a 1st or 2nd line forward gets injured. He should definitely make the club at the start of 2015 if he misses this season.

Corrado was a close 5th for me though. Most likely he won't make the team at the start of the season due to the already full defensive core, and defensemen typically take longer to develop than forwards do.

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
Horvat
Virtanen
Shinkaruk
Jensen
Vey
McCann
Demko
Corrado
Gaunce
Cassels
Tryamkin - needs to be added to list
Hutton
Fox
Forsling
Andersson - needs to be added to list
Eriksson

Nice set of prospects. A little heavy on the forward side, but that's what we need most.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
Hutton for me...
he just oozes with offensive puck moving potential that really like to skate with the puck, can shoot, not too shabby defensively, has size...
could see him as top 3, heck even top 2 defensmen if everything goes right...but hey what do i know...he could totally bust (most likely scenario he could end up imo is top 4 puck moving guy..)

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Gaunce. He seems the one to do the most well and have the most ease to succeed at the NHL level.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
A lot of people picking Jensen because he's close to NHL ready. I'm going with Vey then. His AHL track record suggests he's probably the closest guy to being ready for the NHL.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
A lot of people picking Jensen because he's close to NHL ready. I'm going with Vey then. His AHL track record suggests he's probably the closest guy to being ready for the NHL.

This is my thinking. Jensen and Vey are the closest to NHL ready. Jensen has had more of a chance in the NHL as of now but Vey has better AHL pedigree.

I'm going Vey

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
Gaunce will be pushing hard to make the team. Think he will surprise some people. His stock will rise, i see a smooth jump into the AHL for him ( we will get called up at some point )

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
I voted Hutton, because I think he'll have the best NHL career out of the list. That said, I thought Jeremy Price would be a player too.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
McCann based on potential. If one guy is going to become a top line centre, it's probably going to be McCann.

Narrowly beats out Gaunce. I feel Gaunce's offensive game will translate well to the NHL, but not as well as McCann's will.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Jensen hasn't proved **** in the NHL. 5 games with the Sedins and then flailing on the lower lines the rest of the way. Still don't think he's close; he most definitely needs another year in Utica while putting up at least 30 goals.

I'd take Vey, Corrado, Gaunce and McCann over him right now.

I voted Corrado.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Voted Corrado.

Think he will be an NHL player, not sold at all that Jensen will be. Would have several others ahead of Jensen as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad