Prospect Info: Who is Canucks #3 prospect?

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
I go by who has the most trade value just because that entails everything, from who's most NHL-ready to who has the biggest upside. But that's still subjective... Shinkaruk for me at this point.

Going to go McCann next just because of the Benning "2 or 3 GMs already called me about McCann" comment. I doubt that happened with Jensen.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Just for reference OP, you can make the links clickable by clicking the icon with a globe and a chain link beneath it and inserting the URL there.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Hunter Shinkaruk, sure Linden Vey and Jensen are more proven but Shinkaruk is likely going to be the best out of them all.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Decided to go Shinkaruk, who is by far our best boom/bust prospect (in the sense that he can be the best but also probably has the best chance of being a bust too... at least out of all our "top prospects").

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Went Shink cuz of his sweet mits.

Next for me is between Gaunce and McCann.

After that, Jensen or Vey. Then probably Hutton.

Also, remove Archibald. He's not a prospect. Friesen deserves to be on the list over Archibald.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
You're ridiculously drunk off Bennings kool-aid, it's getting pretty funny

Has nothing to do with Benning or Kool-aid. Has everything to do with the kid's numbers and his fit on the 3rd line.

It's not like a kid who has 5 points in 18 games in the NHL is a bust or a boon. He can play the game, has the ability, and his numbers when compared to even a guy like Kesler, not to say that he'll be the next Kesler, gives one the impression that he can play in the NHL moreso than other prospects who haven't played a single pro game against men.

By the way, Kesler, had 5 point in 23 games as a 3rd liner when he started with the Nucks in 03-04 and 23 points in the next full year. Maybe Vey puts up more, maybe less, but at this point, I am going to put forth that if he puts in a full 82 game season that Vey will be around the same point mark. Will that ensure a successful career? No. However, I believe from what i've seen of him that he can do that.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I'm not ready to get on the shrinkwrap bandwagon yet until I see that he's fully recovered from missing a full season of development. Maybe in the next couple picks...

I went with McCann.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Gotta go with Shink here IMO.

Went Shink cuz of his sweet mits.

Next for me is between Gaunce and McCann.

After that, Jensen or Vey. Then probably Hutton.

Also, remove Archibald. He's not a prospect. Friesen deserves to be on the list over Archibald.

Why's Archibald not a prospect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad