Prospect Info: Who is Canucks #17 prospect?

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Personally I think it's stupid to shove guys like Forsling and Cederholm under the rug (who are 18 and 19 respectively)
They still have a Ton of time to improve their game compared to the others on this list who are up to 4 years older than them, with nearly the same skill level
I think they'll be better than a lot of people say they are

Agreed. I don't know how Forsling isn't getting more love. He was arguably Sweden's best defenseman at the U18's

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
In the case of Zalewski, the guy played 3rd line minutes for a couple games last season fresh out of college with zero pro experience ... and looked really good. So saying he has '4th line upside' seems totally incorrect. Same for Kenins who is a prototype speedy defensive 3rd liner if he reaches his potential. Both guys are potentially very useful top-9 assets who have already looked good against excellent levels of competition and could step in very soon.

I'd have Grenier being an NHL regular at <5%. He's already 23, is still only a 40-point AHL player, and is basically a top-6/bust guy because he doesn't keep his feet moving and plays a 1-zone game.

problem is that Zalewski's college numbers are similar to Tanner Glass as a 21 year old. His upside just isn't there compared to the other players on the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad