OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Impressive 2nd career start for Kelly today. A lights out first half is all he needed. Second half was a lot quieter as the Argos went in cruise control. I thought for sure the team would come out flat but glad I was wrong.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'll never say no to beating that team.

I learned that Kyle Dubas is a Ticat fan. Now it makes perfect sense why the Leafs had little playoff success with him as GM.

Was he always one? Because it seems odd for him to support the arch-rival of the team that is owned by his (now former) bosses.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
i was at the game with my 2 daughters. Really fun atmosphere and good crowd. We were sitting amongst a few passionate ti-cat fans but they were cool. One guy with "eat 'em raw" on the back of his jersey was quite the character. CFL fans are great.

Argos looks really good. Kelly is definitely an upgrade over Bethel IMO (and i was a fan of bethel so it's no knock on him), but Kelly just has more tools in his bag. Also what can you say about AJ Oullette. He is such a beast.

Oh yeah, the replica rings are SWEET. Definitely a cool giveaway. My girls love theirs. MLSE got that one right for sure.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Naylor on Argonauts' triumphant season opener, Kelly's impressive all-around performance and more - TSN.ca

Naylor on Argonauts' triumphant season opener, Kelly's impressive all-around performance and more
TSN Football Insider Dave Naylor joins First Up to discuss the Toronto Argonauts raising their championship banner with a dominant victory over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Chad Kelly's all-around solid performance and and latest around Stefon Diggs' points of contention at Bills' training camp.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Another good win, Ouellette was a monster. Scoreboard frankly flattered the Elks with those two late TDs, gotta be better defensively.

Can’t believe Edmonton hasn’t won a home game since before the Pandemic. That’s insane.
Yeah that is crazy. Pretty sad really.

You can tell that fanbase is struggling just looking at the attendance yesterday. I think they play Ottawa next so at least they have a chance. Argos on the other hand are a solid team all across the board.

Bethel was solid if unspectacular, but dependable. Chad Kelly however has potential to be a star QB. And yeah the Argos running game is no joke, LOVE AJ. The guy is a tank.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
BIg time WIN!!

Chad Kelly is awesome and Jim Kelly saw it in person. Wish i was there in person but you can't go to all the games.

Defence did their share to win the game. All those timely interceptions!

Funny how Oullette was hampered by something lower body, but he still had a great game. Even if he misses the next one as a precaution, Harris and Adeboboye are plenty enough to make up for it.

Argos looking like the best team in the CFL.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Well deserved. His play calling and especially coaching has improved last 2 years, and even his 1st year, he wasn't the reason they lost. Last year you could make the case he played a big factor in the win.
The fact he had this success with MBT is a credit to his offensive playbook. Not a knock on MBT, he had a great season last year but by CFL standards, he was an average QB. With Kelly who is more talented, we are seeing how good Dinwiddie can be obviously still early.
If not for the incredible O'Shea, Dinwiddie you could make a strong case is the best coach in the league.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
4-0 now. Offense has been outstanding. Kelly won them the game today. We can still be better despite our undefeated record which is the nice part really defensively, and on that, I don't think our defence has been that bad as the points allowed might indicate in these games, but it can certainly reach another level.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Argos needed a tight game like that, since the previous ones have pretty much been no contests. The amount of yards we've been giving up has to be concerning though. Felt a little strange not having multiple turnovers caused since the D has been ball-hawks so far. Kelly showing that he's a bonafide starting QB. Fajardo played really good too. A win again Hamilton next week and we'll have a strangle-hold on 1st in the East, with a game in hand if we don't already. Still a long season though.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
The beat goes on for the Argos. 5-0 now. They were guilty of putting it on cruise control after jumping out to a 20-0 lead, allowing the Ti-Cats to make it interesting late but they turned it back into high gear when it mattered in the end and got the game sealing TD. Quite a few penalties taken again but I've just accepted the fact that that won't change, it is the CFL after all. I really don't see us losing anytime soon. We've got a great QB, a great 1-2 punch at running back and lights out receivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad