Who (in your opinion) will be the biggest stud?

TrollololBoyle

Mar 22, 2010
Danbury, CT
Ryan Johansen, his stride is beautiful. Amazing play's being made at WJC.

next in line is hodgson, pre-injury he would have been better.

I can see Etem as a 30-40 goal scorer with a Confident swagger and a bit of avery in him.

Saying ****** things about Buffalo doesn't automatically make him another Avery :laugh:

but a 30-40-70 Avery would be amazing!

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Morin could be lucky enough to play on a line with Kane or Towes in the near futurer. Never a top 5 scorer but inflated numbers are possible.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
really?

What about Bobby Butler, Palmieri, Nemisz, Stoa...none of these have the talent that we saw out of Sid or Steve?

I'd be surprised to see any of those guys put up a 60 point season in the NHL.

member 30781

Tangradi if I had to choose. Only because he will likely play with Crosby or Malkin.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Hodgson
Caron
Morin
Tangradi
B. Schenn
Toffoli
Howden
Colbourne
Ross
Etem
R. Johannsen

Who can become one the NHLs top 5 scorers in the next 3 years?

I don't think any of those guys have a realistic chance of doing that. Morin has the best natural scoring ability of that bunch, and I don't even think he comes close, especially in the next 3 years.

It's really hard to be a top 5 scorer in the NHL. Even if you made a list of top 5 picks and really elite prospects, you'd have a hard time picking out who might be able to do it in the next 3 years. Look at John Tavares, Matt Duchene, Taylor Hall, and Tyler Seguin, some of the best and most promising prospects to come out of hockey in the last couple of years. Do we realistically expect any one of them to be top 5 scorers in the NHL in the next 3 years? Probably not.

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
None

Schenn and Johansson will both be 2 way second line centres
Hodgson IMO will be a dissapointment and be similar to Brule

Madic

May 21, 2008
Haha, why is Ross even listed? If he ever puts up more than 40 points in the NHL, it won't be any time soon. Agitator with puck skills, not the other way around.

(Unless you're talking about some other Ross)

Corey Perry*

Etem has the ability to be good, but not top 5 in league good.... unless a miracle happens.

jughead42*

Johanssen looks amazing at the WJC, I think Columbus hit it out of the park by taking that kid. He and Nash will terrorize the Western Conference in the near future.

Eklund72

Apr 8, 2007
none of these.

And people should start paying attention to Coyle's play. The guy is going to be a stud. So far he's been the best player on team USA. Etem has been invisible.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I don't any of these guys have the chance to be top 5 scorers in their careers, so in the next 3 years seems nearly impossible

With guys like Crosby, Malkin, Ovy, Stamkos, Backstrom, Toews, Kane, Sedins, Hall, Tavares, Duchene, Parise, Getzy, Perry, etc. etc. all being < 30 and a good portion of them < 25 years old and dominating the league, it seems unlikely.

I prefer Johansen the most just because I think he has all the tools to be a big strong centre with good puck skills and a good stride

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Top 5??? You realize how hard that is? No one on this list and I like some of these players but we're talking legit 100 pt potential.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Johansen would be the guy I would pick to come in immediately and have an impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad