Who has the most to prove these playoffs?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I'd say my Oil but they really didn't do enough to be successful in the playoffs. Same plan as last year.. hope and prey McDrai can outscore our D mistakes and that Skinner is equal to his regular season self.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The oilers and it’s not close. They have the most on their shoulders.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
i almost want the oilere to win, i cant handle their Fanbase screaming abouts the refs if they lose. every fkin game, every fkin page on every fkin thread.
The Oilers have the most "to prove" unless u ask them, then the refs have the most to prove lol

Reactions: rotiman187

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Aside from the obvious Leafs/Oilers....I'd put the Rangers pretty high on the list. I still don't know if they are contenders or pretenders. Even with a Vezina-level Shesterkin, last year, they fell pretty short. And Shesterkin isn't having a good year and Quick seems to be running out of gas as the season concludes.

The East is going to be a chaotic mess, this year, and could benefit from the West beating themselves up, much like when the Penguins won their cup against Nashville. The Predators were so decimated by the time they got to the SCF, it was just too much.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
McDavid is fourth in all-time playoff points per game, how can he possibly be expected to do more?
Because if you want to be known as one of if not the greatest of all time, it’s not fair, but you have to do it yourself sometimes

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I'd say my Oil but they really didn't do enough to be successful in the playoffs. Same plan as last year.. hope and prey McDrai can outscore our D mistakes and that Skinner is equal to his regular season self.

I get it, but that doesn't mean the Oilers don't have a lot to prove in these playoffs. They've now had the best player in the world for 8 years, and they only have 1 conference finals to show for it.

McDavid is fourth in all-time playoff points per game, how can he possibly be expected to do more?

Okay, then we have to pose the question - will McDavid ever win a Stanley Cup in Edmonton?

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I get it, but that doesn't mean the Oilers don't have a lot to prove in these playoffs. They've now had the best player in the world for 8 years, and they only have 1 conference finals to show for it.

Okay, then we have to pose the question - will McDavid ever win a Stanley Cup in Edmonton?
Will Hughes every win a Cup? What about the Sedins? Linden? Bure? Naslund? Luongo? Some amazing players in Vancouver.. is it their fault they didn't win the Stanley Cup in Vancouver?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
As a team, the Jets.

I keep reading post after post after post about the Jets being a small market team and how that's become pretty much frowned upon over any real talk about the team, their struggles and how far they've come to this point. I really want to see the Jets shut up a lot of folks and bring a Cup to Winnipeg.

As a player, McDavid for very obvious reasons.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Will Hughes every win a Cup? What about the Sedins? Linden? Bure? Naslund? Luongo? Some amazing players in Vancouver.. is it their fault they didn't win the Stanley Cup in Vancouver?
One thing about all those players. They are not trying to cement themselves in the top 5 of all time. With out a cup that will always be used against him. I personally think cups are overrated for personal achievements. Takes a entire team to win a cup, not a player. But it will be used against him .

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
One thing about all those players. They are not trying to cement themselves in the top 5 of all time. With out a cup that will always be used against him. I personally think cups are overrated for personal achievements. Takes a entire team to win a cup, not a player. But it will be used against him .
He's 27.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
It's more for his legacy, does he want to be mentioned together with Gretzky and Lemieux? Or be a Dionne? Great but with an asterisk.

Team. It's Leafs, that door is closing.

Reactions: eviohh26

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
1713076362043.png

Here are the last 3 years for playoff success.. those smashing the Oil (and McD) better be TB, Knights, Avs, Canes or Panther fans.lol

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm and PuckG

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
It's more for his legacy, does he want to be mentioned together with Gretzky and Lemieux? Or be a Dionne? Great but with an asterisk.

Team. It's Leafs, that door is closing.
How old was Lemieux when he won his cups?

How old was Ovi?

Ray Bourgue?

Joe Sakic?

Steve Y?

Matthews?

MacK?

Was Dionne 27 when he retired?

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
They should try keeping the puck out of the net too... Draisaitl specifically.

They are #1 (Drai) and #2 (McDavid) for GA at even strength over the last 3 years.

#3 is Hedman who has played almost double the amount of games.
Am I looking at the wrong stat?
I filtered by forwards too.

Edit: oh for playoffs. Yup I see it.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
How old was Lemieux when he won his cups?

How old was Ovi?

Ray Bourgue?

Joe Sakic?

Steve Y?

Matthews?

MacK?

Was Dionne 27 when he retired?
Donno? What people are saying is he needs a cup or people will use it against him in the all time standings. No one in implying this is his last shot at it. :dunno:

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Donno? What people are saying is he needs a cup or people will use it against him in the all time standings. No one in implying this is his last shot at it. :dunno:
Last page is filled with McD Legacy comments. Agree, if he retires without a cup it'll be mentioned. Does everyone know something I don't? He doesn't seem very close to retirement to me. Does he have Cancer? Did I seriously read a Dionne comparison a minute ago (he was 37 when he retired, 10 years older than McD is today). Is the man dying and I missed the Friedman tweet? Dude has another decade of hockey left.

• Haha
Reactions: Mez and Video Nasty

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Team: Oilers. Window is closing.

Player: Matthews. Needs to show that killer instinct in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad