Who has the most to prove these playoffs?

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Because if you want to be known as one of if not the greatest of all time, it’s not fair, but you have to do it yourself sometimes
lol wut?

"hey you know this team sport where no position player plays more than around a third of the game, and can completely live and die by goaltending, ya that one, Mcdavid win 16 games by yourself, ok? if you don't, you suck."

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
lol wut?

"hey you know this team sport where no position player plays more than around a third of the game, and can completely live and die by goaltending, ya that one, Mcdavid win 16 games by yourself, ok? if you don't, you suck."
I’ll just take the loss, clearly people don’t agree.
All good

Reactions: sanscosm

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Oilers 100%

After a ridiculous amount of top 10 Draft pics over the last decade they’ve self appointed themselves the team to beat and Canadas team.

The players, the management and the fans have essentially been waiting for the players to put it all together over the last year and then Vancouver emerges out of nowhere and takes all attention away from the Oilers.

Talk about an existential crisis. Imagine thinking you’ll be the next Dynasty and never even winning a division and then being worse than the Leafs AND Canucks. Talk about a spiritual crisis for Oilers fans. They’re constantly seething and obsessed with the Canucks because the Canucks are what they wanted their team to be. A deep, well coached team with equal parts scoring, strong D and a Vezina calibre goalie. The jealousy flows through them.

People think Drai and McDavid look off. Maybe they are. I just think they’re over the Edmonton experience. If the Oilers don’t win it all they fans may be forced to watch McDavid and Drai win it elsewhere.

It’s a nightmare for Oilers fans.

Nice fanfic.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This may sound strange but I think it's Jim Montgomery. Last year he completely panicked and made a mess of the series with Florida. This year they're probably winning the division again but will have a tough matchup with Tampa. If he goes one and done after a great regular season again, I think people will lose a lot of faith in him.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
It's probably about equal for the teams that are "in their prime window" but haven't won it yet.

The Stars, Canes, Bruins, Oil, etc. are candidates. Avs are probably in there in this version of their team, while the Bolts are not, having won fairly recently. VAN is a bit of a surprise, and few really think WPG is a "true" contender, even if they are. Rangers are probably under pressure if they win the President's trophy, even though that hasn't been much of an indicator of winning the cup.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Auston Matthews.

Because if he scores 0 goals in the playoffs and the Leafs lose in the first round, those 70 goals will be used against him in a bad way for life.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Agreed that Keefe should be on the hot seat this year imo. I don't even have any strong opinions about typical coach things (systems, player deployment, etc.) all I know is that he constantly screams at the officials and then the Leafs wonder why they get dicked on so many penalty calls/suspensions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad