Who has the most pressure next season?

Here we go Boys

Feb 6, 2014
Voted for Varlamov because although the pressure is going to be on Roy as well it never bothered him as a player so I don't think it will as a coach, Varlamov had a Vezina calibur year and got a new 5 year contract for his efforts now he'll be expected to play at that or a similar level for the duration of said contract, hopefully he's up for it.
Duchene has the same pressure as last year as our offensive leader and MacKinnon shouldn't have any pressure on him because he's only in his second year and all of our high profile guys other than Varlamov are forwards

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Easily Varlamov. Too bad the team has to heavily rely on him once again.

Last edited:

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Sakic/Roy (Avs FO) would be my second choice as the front office has made some questionable moves that if the Avs underwhelm will draw major criticism.

This. Even though i think both are fairly safe even in case of unsuccesful season. Avs do not seem to be the kind of organisation to make major changes to management everytime something does not work out. And with players like Stuart and Briere off the books next summer they can say they were only a stop-gap solution.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Anyone saying "easily this player" is totally wrong.

It's Roy AINEC. Roy is the one who made this team have expectations. Roy is one of the people who decided to get Stuart and Briere (are definitely risky decisions). He was one of the people who decided to keep Stostny at the trade deadline than to trade him away for maybe Ryan Kezler. He is part of people who is trading away draft picks and what not.

Because of these reasons, he has to take his coaching to the next major level and think about a deep run into the playoffs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Anyone saying "easily this player" is totally wrong.

It's Roy AINEC. Roy is the one who made this team have expectations. Roy is one of the people who decided to get Stuart and Briere (are definitely risky decisions). He was one of the people who decided to keep Stostny at the trade deadline than to trade him away for maybe Ryan Kezler. He is part of people who is trading away draft picks and what not.

Because of these reasons, he has to take his coaching to the next major level and think about a deep run into the playoffs.

Roy isn't the one on the ice. If they have a losing season, the blame will be placed on key players not performing.

Roy would have to follow that up with another losing season before he faces much pressure. He's riding high right now and can basically do no wrong by the fans.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Roy isn't the one on the ice. If they have a losing season, the blame will be placed on key players not performing.

Roy would have to follow that up with another losing season before he faces much pressure. He's riding high right now and can basically do no wrong by the fans.

Good one, do you come around here often?

People here are already ready to skewer Roy for the minor trades that have gone down, it's like you can't win a Stanley Cup without keeping all your 2nd round picks from here until eternity

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Good one, do you come around here often?

People here are already ready to skewer Roy for the minor trades that have gone down, it's like you can't win a Stanley Cup without keeping all your 2nd round picks from here until eternity

People may not like the recent trades (myself included) but I don't many have lost faith or favor in Roy.

That's actually the proof that he's not facing any pressure. They can make a couple less than stellar moves, go yet another summer without fixing the D, and he's still the golden boy with fans. Rightfully so.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I dont see the pressure on Roy. The team would have to take an absolute nose dive for him to be fired, and even then there would be extenuating circumstances that he could point to, injuries, personnel, yadda yadda. His Adams bought him at least another year, maybe two, regardless of what happens.

ROR, I dont see pressure there because unless ROR just magically turns into Cliche overnight, he could sleepwalk through whatever contract the arbiter (right word?) awards him and still get paid as a UFA. He doesnt have anything more to prove...In COL at least, it'll be a
different story wherever he ends up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad