Who has the best hands?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Best hands on team: Galchenyuk by a wide margin.

Agreed with this , Subban has ridiculous foot speed/agility which makes his hands look ridiculous but in regards to stick handling/ puck creativity , Galchenyuk wins.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Agreed with this , Subban has ridiculous foot speed/agility which makes his hands look ridiculous but in regards to stick handling/ puck creativity , Galchenyuk wins.

Galchenyuk has a vast repertoire of toe drag variations, slips under the stick, flip moves... And he can pull them off at high speed vs a D backing up. ( obviously much harder than vs a stationary player).

Whatever moves Subban does (for example when he pulls the puck between his legs from behind) Galchenyuk can also do.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think Galchenyuk will have some of the best hands in the league soon enough. And when I say hands I mean moreso stick handling.

He does stuff now in traffic where I don't even know what he's doing and yet he'll still some how keep possession of the puck.

Who's a better stickhandler than him in the league right now?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I think Galchenyuk will have some of the best hands in the league soon enough. And when I say hands I mean moreso stick handling.

He does stuff now in traffic where I don't even know what he's doing and yet he'll still some how keep possession of the puck.

Datsyuk, Kane, Tavares, Kovalchuk to name a few.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
In terms of flashiness maybe, his decision making isn't as good as Plekanec's yet. His hands are on a different planet than Pleks though, and considering Galchenyuk is 19 and all, it won't be long, but playmaking isn't just about making highlight reel plays.

Plekanec's hands are good but not great, they often can't keep up with his speed, he handles passes well and is a well above average shooter/passer, but he's not a very good puck carrier.

Look at the pass Galchenyuk made to Gallagher in game 2?

There are a lot of examples of him finding an open guy out of nowhere. Plek is a good playmaker, but not as creative.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

There's about 30 of them. Duchene, Malkin, Giroux, Kane, Datsyuk, Jagr, Vanek, Semin, Hossa, Campbell, Huberdeau, Tavares, Spezza, Nash, Crosby, Wheeler, Kadri(Hugh.), Sedins, Ovi, Backstrom...

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Look at the pass Galchenyuk made to Gallagher in game 2?

There are a lot of examples of him finding an open guy out of nowhere. Plek is a good playmaker, but not as creative.

I agree Galchenyuk is already more creative. But nobody right now can execute at as high of a pace as Plekanec does regularly, Galchenyuk needs to learn to be more instinctive, which comes with time. Galchenyuk can do things Plekanec would never be able to, but he's not as efficient...yet.

Moen has amazing hands.

Moen has golden hands.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Great responses. Personally I see tremendous improvement in Eller's vision, mobility and positioning, more than with his hands but I'll take you guys' word that this has also improved to the point where he's one of our best. Galchenyuk we know is great and getting greater, and Plex is Plex.

Hands-wise, Gallagher is a guy I'm seriously impressed with, still fear it could be a fluke that he's got where he is in one season. But wow he has executed some timely takeaways, precision passes and amazing finishes, the puck seems to follow him and find his stick no matter how fast the pace or tight the space.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
How is Gallagher even in this conversation? Love the kid and all, but to include him in the quickest/best hands list of this team is ridiculous.

Anyway, as for the order:

1. Galchenyuk

2. Subban
3. Eller

4. Plekanec

5. The rest.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Gallagher is much like Crosby(God save me.) he deke's and gets by with his elusive skating alone. (Not that Crosby can't deke everybody, cause he can... )

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Great responses. Personally I see tremendous improvement in Eller's vision, mobility and positioning, more than with his hands but I'll take you guys' word that this has also improved to the point where he's one of our best. Galchenyuk we know is great and getting greater, and Plex is Plex.

Well, if Eller's improvements are on the other parts of his game, it's because his hands were great to begin with. What was holding him back was his decision making, but since he made the team he's stood out in his ability to control the puck through traffic, and last year was the only guy on the team who could deke without embarrassing himself. He's not as skilled as Galchenyuk, but he's shown plenty of Forsberg type moves this year that are only possible with high end precision. It's nearly impossible to get the puck from Eller without cheapshotting him or getting him to make a bad pass.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
How is Gallagher even in this conversation? Love the kid and all, but to include him in the quickest/best hands list of this team is ridiculous.

Anyway, as for the order:

1. Galchenyuk

2. Subban
3. Eller

4. Plekanec

5. The rest.

Like I mentioned one post above, Gallagher has a magic stick :)

I love when the puck squirts loose in traffic in the crease or high slot, Gally so often makes it look ridiculously easy putting his stick on it at whatever angle or height to get a shot on net.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well, if Eller's improvements are on the other parts of his game, it's because his hands were great to begin with. What was holding him back was his decision making, but since he made the team he's stood out in his ability to control the puck through traffic, and last year was the only guy on the team who could deke without embarrassing himself. He's not as skilled as Galchenyuk, but he's shown plenty of Forsberg type moves this year that are only possible with high end precision. It's nearly impossible to get the puck from Eller without cheapshotting him or getting him to make a bad pass.

Eller is really Hossa like/Jagr like now, thanks to the added muscle in his butt and his already strong wrist!

He's not ''spectacular'' on every shift, but he's damn effective. Whereas Galchenyuk is spectacular A la Duchene

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Like I mentioned one post above, Gallagher has a magic stick :)

I love when the puck squirts loose in traffic in the crease or high slot, Gally so often makes it look ridiculously easy putting his stick on it at whatever angle or height to get a shot on net.

He's got a good active stick and uses it well in dirty areas, but to say he's got better hands than either of the other 4 players is pushing it. For once, I hope the fans won't see make our players something they are not. Gallagher is a sniper, and a good one at that. But he's way, way behind Galchenyuk in the hands/pure skills department. Plekanec is also much more impressive, especially in one on ones behind the net. Eller has magic hands and Subban is just elite at handling the puck at top speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad