Who has the best hands?

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Which Habs do you think have the best hands*?

My list no particular order:
Subban
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Plex

*old hockey term for deftness with the puck, stick, and hands.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Galchenyuk or Eller is the answer... Not sure who tops the other. I think Eller is better in traffic and overall but he's not as spectacular.

Then there's Subban, Bourque(when on:lauhg:), Markov...

I don't think Gally is a good stickhandler, he's a good skater, it's different.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Depends what you mean.

Subban when combined with his skating can deke an entire team with his stickwork (not to mention how he uses that skill defensively)

Eller has a ridiculous shot and great puck control in tight

Pleks also handles the puck well off the boards and is the best passer

Chucky has THE GIFT and we've seen him use it in terms of passing, tips, one touch in the air passes and FINALLY the wrister. He'll eventually have the best once he learns to use those hands with his body. When he grows a bit...probably be the best.

I love watching Eller though.

Pr3Va1L

Jul 2, 2008
galchenyuk
galchenyuk
galchenyuk
Eller

Fixed that for you.

Subban's best hand is the one that's not on his stick, not that I don't think he's great but IMO even amongst the Montréal defencemen I think Markov has better "hands".

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Pleks also handles the puck well off the boards and is the best passer

Galchenyuk is superior to Plekanec in terms of playmaking.

Fixed that for you.

Subban's best hand is the one that's not on his stick, not that I don't think he's great but IMO even amongst the Montréal defencemen I think Markov has better "hands".

Markov is a slightly better quarterback , passer but hands? I'll give that to PK.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal

Markov is a slightly better quarterback , passer but hands? I'll give that to PK.

Markov is an elite PP QB! Subban is nowhere near close to that yet, but he's evolving into one. Both guys have great hands but advantage Subban.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

In terms of flashiness maybe, his decision making isn't as good as Plekanec's yet. His hands are on a different planet than Pleks though, and considering Galchenyuk is 19 and all, it won't be long, but playmaking isn't just about making highlight reel plays.

Plekanec's hands are good but not great, they often can't keep up with his speed, he handles passes well and is a well above average shooter/passer, but he's not a very good puck carrier.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In terms of flashiness maybe, his decision making isn't as good as Plekanec's yet. His hands are on a different planet than Pleks though, and considering Galchenyuk is 19 and all, it won't be long, but playmaking isn't just about making highlight reel plays.

Plekanec's hands are good but not great, they often can't keep up with his speed, he handles passes well and is a well above average shooter/passer, but he's not a very good puck carrier.

It's not that he's a bad puck carrier... I'd put that on the fact that he's always blazing. He's player that relies on speed, acceleration and IQ more than anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->