Who has the best defence, Slovakia or Czechs?

Slovakia or Czechs

• Total voters

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
They're both weak but I'll take 5 and a half (Jiricek) NHLers over 2 NHLers.

Czechs also have Kral, Galvas, Knot, Kempny, Klok and Sustr in that second wave of 'tweeners'

A better question is whether any of those 12 D would make Canada/US/Sweden and I'm pretty sure that answer is NO. I'm not even sure if they'd crack the Finn or Russia D rosters - maybe Hronek or Cernak? Maybe one of them?

Germans have Seider. Swiss have Josi. Neither of us have anything like that today. Maybe in a year or 2 with Nemec and Jiricek.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hronek, Rutta, Gudas, Hajek, Jiricek, Zboril

vs.

Cernak, Fehervary, Nemec, Knazko, Ceresnak, Gernat
Combing them and it's still weak!

Cernak Fehervary
Hronek Gudas
Rutta- Nemec/Jiricek

Definitely not a best on best D core for gold.. might be a good NHL D core. As Gudas and Rutta age out... Nemec and Jiricek step in. I"m guessing both of them are NHLers next season.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Combing them and it's still weak!

Cernak Fehervary
Hronek Gudas
Rutta- Nemec/Jiricek

Definitely not a best on best D core for gold.. might be a good NHL D core. As Gudas and Rutta age out... Nemec and Jiricek step in. I"m guessing both of them are NHLers next season.
Cernak-Hronek
Fehervary-Zboril
Nemec-Jiricek

This is nice.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Cernak-Hronek
Fehervary-Zboril
Nemec-Jiricek

This is nice.
Definitely smooth skating with some offence. I think they'd get crushed though. In 2 years it might be quite good. Zboril stands out as a weak link to me and I'm a big Zboril fan.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I like Cernak and Fehervary a lot, but the Czech defense has more depth. Anyway, pitiful from both countries.
It's like bringing two ugly girls to America's top model and arguing who's prettier.haha.

Ftr... The Slovak D was beautiful not too long ago... Sekera, Chara etc. That was a beautiful d core. Czechs haven't had a great d core in a decade.

Reactions: Ivo

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It's like bringing two ugly girls to America's top model and arguing who's prettier.haha.

Ftr... The Slovak D was beautiful not too long ago... Sekera, Chara etc. That was a beautiful d core. Czechs haven't had a great d core in a decade.
Well, what are we going to lie to each other, of course there are American top models, there are certainly also pretty American girls, but I certainly wouldn't trade them for Czech and Slovak girls. We'd better have an ugly defense :surrender:wg:

Reactions: Czechboy

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL

Don’t forget Visnovsky!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, what are we going to lie to each other, of course there are American top models, there are certainly also pretty American girls, but I certainly wouldn't trade them for Czech and Slovak girls. We'd better have an ugly defense :surrender:wg:
And our beer is better. We are losing at hockey but winning at life.haha

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
there is no rivaly beetween slovaks and czechs, its sad to see. just brotherly love. look at swedes vs finns, its war

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1668876512442.png

AHL Czechs - Kubicek (and Has) are in ECHL (ouch)

We know exactly what Sustr is. A perfect tweener.

Klok is back in NLA which is a damn shame.

I'm not sure what more Galvas has to do to make the Hawk's?

I'd prefer Jiricek stay down in AHL but he's doing tremendous.

Kempny back in Europe.

Kral - I'm not sure what is happening with him? If he in pressbox in NHL.. hurt in AHL?

Curious if Knot can crack the Yotes before season over.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1668876686668.png

Slovak's in AHL... similar to NHL.. 2 of them and 2 damn good ones. But, only 2. Nemec must be near .ppg now because I think he had zero points after 5 games and now he has 5 in 12.

Reactions: smitty10

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
View attachment 609861

AHL Czechs - Kubicek (and Has) are in ECHL (ouch)

We know exactly what Sustr is. A perfect tweener.

Klok is back in NLA which is a damn shame.

I'm not sure what more Galvas has to do to make the Hawk's?

I'd prefer Jiricek stay down in AHL but he's doing tremendous.

Kempny back in Europe.

Kral - I'm not sure what is happening with him? If he in pressbox in NHL.. hurt in AHL?

Curious if Knot can crack the Yotes before season over.
Klok is in SHL.

Reactions: Czechboy

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
there is no rivaly beetween slovaks and czechs, its sad to see. just brotherly love. look at swedes vs finns, its war

War?

Finland - Sweden is usually just a clash of two distinct disciplines of hockey, to me. There’s rivalry and pride involved for sure, but I don’t know that it’s that serious, beyond it sucking a bit to lose to the Finns.

For me, rooting for Finland’s once Sweden’s eliminated is certainly a thing, but perhaps due to the multiple Finnish connections with Luleå. As a kid, seeing Jarmo Myllys in net for Finland made it easy to root for them in 1998 for example. I wasn’t very aware in 1995, I seem to recall seeing the Finnish win, but at least in hindsight it’s lovely seeing so many players who’d played (or would go on to play) for Luleå on Team Finland.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
War?

Finland - Sweden is usually just a clash of two distinct disciplines of hockey, to me. There’s rivalry and pride involved for sure, but I don’t know that it’s that serious, beyond it sucking a bit to lose to the Finns.

For me, rooting for Finland’s once Sweden’s eliminated is certainly a thing, but perhaps due to the multiple Finnish connections with Luleå. As a kid, seeing Jarmo Myllys in net for Finland made it easy to root for them in 1998 for example. I wasn’t very aware in 1995, I seem to recall seeing the Finnish win, but at least in hindsight it’s lovely seeing so many players who’d played (or would go on to play) for Luleå on Team Finland.
The war is usually in the GDT.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Slovakia because of higher top end talent

Keep in mind I like both guys but who's the higher top end talent?

Czechs

1668899735704.png

(I left out Jiricek and Kral since they are currently fly bys)

Slovaks

1668899774541.png

Hronek and Cernak are the same age. Hronek plays more minutes (22 to 20) and has a lot more points (12 to 1).

Jiricek and Nemec are a tie IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad