Who has more offensive upside? Tedenby, Strome, Ryan Johansen, or Huberdeau?

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Huberdeau has the most upside and Johanson is the most likely to reach it.

Tedenby doesn't really fit into this comparison being a couple years older and a winger. Sean Couturier or M. Zbad might make a better comparison.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
In terms of highest ceiling:

Huberdeau
Strome
Johansen
Tedenby

Johansen most likely to reach his potential followed by the other three in idk what order lol.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I'm really high on Strome. I think he could play on a line with Tavares someday and maybe put up 80+ points.

Huberdeau is probably about even with him though.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
1. Johansen
2. Strome
3. Huberdeau
4. Tedenby

...and Tedenby has 35-45-80 upside. So these are 4 darn good prospects.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Tedenby is an odd inclusion in this group.

Going by pure point producing potential:

Huberdeau
Johansen
Strome
Tedenby

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Johansen in my mind without a doubt.

As others pointed out Johansen is probably the most likely to reach his potential, but in terms of high end ceiling I think Strome and Huberdeau have much higher ceilings(with a bigger chance of busting)

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
I guess I am one of the few who thinks Strome might have the most offensive potential of the lot

Huberdeau/Strome
Johansen
Tedenby

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
upside wise i don't see how Tedenby can fit in with these oustanding young forwards, being he is older than them. but, w/e i rank

Strome
Johansen
Hubredeau

Tedenby
just on pure upside.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Tednenby is a smallish fast guy....he's prolly OK, but it woudln't surprise me to see another Bergfors on our hands here. Softy Swede meh.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Tednenby is a smallish fast guy....he's prolly OK, but it woudln't surprise me to see another Bergfors on our hands here. Softy Swede meh.

No, he's better than Bergfors. Bergfors had very little hockey sense, Tedenby has quite a lot of it. Tedenby has also picked up defensive skills better than Bergfors has, which makes it more likely for him to find success on the Devils. Both got tough love from Lemaire, but while Bergfors sulked about it, regressed, and ultimately got traded, Tedenby rose to the challenge, improved, and looks to be a core piece for the Devils' future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad