Who has been your "feel good" story of this season?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Scheifele's emergence. Early returns on Helle looking good. Connor going HAM in his freshman year. Kroppy's triumphant return to MTSC tonight.

That's about it. Watching the other kids (Ehlers, Armia, Dano, etc.) has been fun, but not really what I'd call "feel good". Outside of Scheif, none of them has really gone above and beyond what I expected.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
No one has said it because the team was historically bad, but I have enjoyed having the Moose back in Winnipeg, cheap and enjoyable way to spend many evenings watching prospects in our organization develop throughout the season.

Hopefully next year the team is more competitive but.. I'm not holding my breath.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Buff has really really impressed me. He seems to have turned a corner and is still improving.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
For me? Its Buff!

I was a huge critic for years, but somehow he has managed to learn to be an NHL defenseman, plus has shown that he wants to be here and wants to win here. I've got a ton of respect for the man after what I've seen over the past season.

Its similiar to how I felt about Wheeler last year when he transformed himself into a big time player.

edit....and Kroppy is, was and always will be

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
I recall seeing this tweet from a fan watching the Habs vs Jets game in Montreal. Classy move by Pardy to honour this terminally ill man to meet him and watch his first NHL game in Montreal

Incidentally I made the GDT that day. Stuff seems to happen when I make GDTs

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
For me I suppose I would have to say Armia. He was always touted as a guy with potential but his name, for whatever reason, hovered around the 'wait and see' category of prospects - as in a few question marks. So I like that he played his time in the AHL and capitalized on his chance to play with the Jets. In my opinion, he has done a tremendous job at showcasing his value and not only staying in the line up, but getting looks on different lines and specialty roles.

I think he has answered a lot of questions with his play. More will have to come but I feel he has made the best of his opportunity thus far.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Mine goes back to June. The way Boston performed on draft day and the realization we would get Barzal or Connor.

Connor has impressed me since my first viewing at dev camp. I knew he was good but far exceeded my expectations so far.

Last edited:

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Scheifele has surprised me with his improved play. He's been awesome. I don't know that I consider much else a "feel good", because this season has been **** and it has been draining.

For me it is Adam Oates' contribution to 55's improvement. Now if the team would also hire him
so it gets spread around. # 30 PP demands it.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
For me it is Adam Oates' contribution to 55's improvement. Now if the team would also hire him
so it gets spread around. # 30 PP demands it.

Oates has no desire to coach again according to Friedman. He wants to focus on individual player skill development.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
To me the feel good story was a glimpse into our future with Connor Hellebuyck and his .918 save percentage. With all the consternation over undisciplined penalties, terrible power play, crappy penalty killing, losing Frolik, not signing Stempniak, and on and on...............with a .918 save percentage over the entire season, the Jets would have given up 186 goals instead of 225 and would have had a positive goal differential. Once again every team with a positive goal differential will be in the playoffs this year. Big boring Connor Hellebuyck is the number one reason that the Winnipeg Jets will be making regular playoff appearances. Even with a young team going through going pains, Hellebuyck puts us in the playoffs next year.

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
All great posts so far.

Just to add something different, I'll call out watching Perreault play with some of this year's many rookies, and showing what kind of effort it takes to be a Winnipeg Jet. Then seeing the whole line take off and up their game.

I agree with the above. Don't know if it's so much "feel good story" as it is "under appreciated story of the year", although he's missed a few games throughout the year.

I am really looking forward to an injury-free year from him and seeing what he can do next year... i think he's my early pick for "feel good story of the year 2016-2017".

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
To me the feel good story was a glimpse into our future with Connor Hellebuyck and his .918 save percentage. With all the consternation over undisciplined penalties, terrible power play, crappy penalty killing, losing Frolik, not signing Stempniak, and on and on...............with a .918 save percentage over the entire season, the Jets would have given up 186 goals instead of 225 and would have had a positive goal differential. Onwce again every team with a positive goal differential will be in the playoffs this year. Big boring Connor Hellebuyck is the number one reason that the Winnipeg Jets will be making regular playoff appearances. Even with a young team going through going pains, Hellebuyck puts us in the playoffs next year.

You have to remove the goals scored we had in the games Hellebuyck played too.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
For me it's all about #55.

I remember last year or the year before someone on a thread saying Mark's ceiling was average NHL 2C! At that time I said (paraphrase) "TNSE drafted Mark to be #1C and captain" I have stood by that remark. He will be those things. I have watched him grow year after year. I see him as an elite level #1C. everything he has done this year has cemented that opinion.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
It was a real tough choice for me, but it's gotta be the return of Guerzy to the boards more regularly! We need more of your posts around here, get writing, Im getting sick of reading Mort replying to himself ;)

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
Seeing Petan's parents in the concourse.. recognized them from the WJHC the last few years. Must be neat to see your boy in the NHL.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Leicester City

Unless you're a Spurs fan like me and then it doesn't feel good at all.

I have watched zero Barclay's this year.......how the hell did Leicseter City happen?? What is the Story?

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Buff resigning was a highlight for me. A couple seasons ago I was all for him being traded, but last season and this he really is an important part of the team.

Ehlers has been really fun to watch as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad