Speculation: Who has been the most disappointing forward for Team Canada?

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
What would a Team Canada team be without a little controversy? My pick after watching him more closely is Rick Nash followed by Kunitz and then Jeff Carter

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Crosby.

Everyone else that sucked were expected to suck.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Crosby.

Everyone else that sucked were expected to suck.

I don't hate the way Crosby has been playing he has shown Urgency and speed to his game he has had chances and just cannot seem to finish.. Where as Nash doesn't do nothing doesn't produce chances, doesn't battle like a 6'4" 220 power forward should battle he just seems to get pushed over all the time.

I have actually enjoyed watching Crosby play so far

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Crosby for sure. Expected a lot more from him.

Don't know why anyone would vote Tavares. He's looked like one of our top forwards.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Tavares having no points then getting hurt is kinda disappointing. Most importantly, they are all getting outscored by that fat tool from LA.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
A lot of Crosby bashing for not scoring in the last Olympics, of course he scores the winner, and all is forgiven. Still, much of the continued criticism comes from Toes supporters, who's whole MO is to do nothing until the last minute. Jus funny.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
St. Louis, IMO. I expected him to look like a man on a mission, but he's looked invisible in the games he's had.

Crosby hasn't been that bad.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
St. Louis, IMO. I expected him to look like a man on a mission, but he's looked invisible in the games he's had.

Crosby hasn't been that bad.

I thought with St.louis's limited ice time he created quite a few chances. How many minutes was he getting per game 10 max? I am not worried about Sidney at all I have a good feeling he will score a goal or two against the Americans

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I thought with St.louis's limited ice time he created quite a few chances. How many minutes was he getting per game 10 max? I am not worried about Sidney at all I have a good feeling he will score a goal or two against the Americans
I think the ice time he's been getting is pretty warranted, though. All our other forwards have played a stronger overall game and doing more of the little things, Crosby included, IMO. Exceptions might be Kunitz/Duchene, but I wasn't expecting a whole lot from them.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I think Duchene is a bit too inexperience and quite enough.......maybe a more experience player would be a better choice......I think with JT gone, this is his chance to step it up

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Bo Horvat. Didn't even make the team. Russian guy did. Bust.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Chris Kunitz but i expect him to suck. Crosby but he is sucking because he is stuck with Kunitz.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Crosby bashing has been ridiculous.

Last night on that PP he had about 3-4 nice passes that the other guys couldn't convert.

Frankly the team has not played like a team and its hilarious people think Crosby should some how do it on his own. Especially when hes getting the focus.

Crosby is at least getting chances and making things happen game in and game out which is more than can be said for pretty much every other forward.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Crosby bashing has been ridiculous.

Last night on that PP he had about 3-4 nice passes that the other guys couldn't convert.

Frankly the team has not played like a team and its hilarious people think Crosby should some how do it on his own. Especially when hes getting the focus.

Crosby is at least getting chances and making things happen game in and game out which is more than can be said for pretty much every other forward.

Ever consider those passes were ultimately fumbled because they weren't all that "nice" to begin with? The problem with Crosby, is he refuses to simplify his game, which wreaks havoc on short-term chemistry, resulting in miscues when his linemates do not anticipate what he's going to do. I will say he looked better on the powerplay, but has otherwise looked mediocre.

To say Crosby is getting chances and no one else is disingenuous at best. It is no coincidence Carter, Benn, Bergeron and St. Louis have all looked better when they weren't paired with Crosby.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
fall08-hock_babcock.jpg

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
being that MSL is the only winger on canada who can think the game at near crosby's level, i really don't see why babcock wouldn't just put and leave them together in the early going, with a consistent LW, and force them to figure out how to play with each other. i'm not a rick nash fan at all, but he seems like the obvious pick for that LW spot.

the other lines i've mostly been happy with. benn/getzlaf/perry have been great, marleau/toews/carter have been fine. and the leftovers on the fourth line seem like good choices to cycle on the fourth line.

arsmaster*

Crosby because the expectations for him are higher than anyone else, and rightfully so.

Basso

Dec 11, 2008
Only option on this poll should be CROSBY.

Guy has 80 pts in NHL so far and can't score a goal against Norway, Latvia and Austria!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad