OT: Who has become the most credible member of MSM for Oilers rumors/gossip?

Who do you think has become #1 for Oilers rumors and gossip?

• Total voters

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm not sure if I've seen a thread like this posted before, I don't expect much discussion, more of a voter thread. I'm curious who everyone thinks is the most connected media guy now. It seems Bob hasn't hit much lately, Gregor was out to lunch on Neal/Lucic and it seems Tom G. seems to be the inside man now, locally anyways. You can vote for two media members who you think are the best for Oilers rumors and gossip.

Reactions: Cloned

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Gotta go with our boy speedyturtle and an HM to Leavins.

Rishaug seems to be the first to break news when it’s actually happened, never seems to pander many rumours (if any?)

Edit: I’ll say that DNB seems to be reasonably connected but keeps it close to his vest

Reactions: CanmoreMike

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Kind of feels like the big ones that cover all teams. None of the local MSM seem dialed in anymore.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Adam from Red Deer gets his info six weeks before the rest of these chumps.

giphy.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm not sure if I've seen a thread like this posted before, I don't expect much discussion, more of a voter thread. I'm curious who everyone thinks is the most connected media guy now. It seems Bob hasn't hit much lately, Gregor was out to lunch on Neal/Lucic and it seems Tom G. seems to be the inside man now, locally anyways. You can vote for two media members who you think are the best for Oilers rumors and gossip.

I've passed the poll-making torch on here well. ;)

Reactions: McFuhryous

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Honestly I would say DNB since his stuff comes directly from Holland a lot of the time, but it’s obviously behind a paywall and there’s only ever tidbits.

For juicier rumors probably Friedman.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Who is Adam from Red Deer and I take it this is sarcasm ?

Long story short...on the 630 Ched post game show from May 24th, a guy called in at the 1 hr 35 or 36 minute mark and said he had inside information that Keith would be putting in a trade request and wanted to play for the Oilers. He asked Wilkins and Brown what it would take, they basically blew him off and said Keith would never ask out.

And here we are.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Long story short...on the 630 Ched post game show from May 24th, a guy called in at the 1 hr 35 or 36 minute mark and said he had inside information that Keith would be putting in a trade request and wanted to play for the Oilers. He asked Wilkins and Brown what it would take, they basically blew him off and said Keith would never ask out.

And here we are.
I see well must be a close relative or good friend to have that kind of info , or Duncan himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad