Speculation: Who goes to the ASG?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Apparently Scott had a bunch of shirts made up for all his Coyote teammates and was going to surprise them with them and thank them. Sucks that he won't be able to do that.
Have fun breaking the news to your pregnant wife that you're leaving Scottsdale and moving to Hamilton, Ontario in the middle of January.

:shakehead

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Have fun breaking the news to your pregnant wife that you're leaving Scottsdale and moving to Hamilton, Ontario in the middle of January.

:shakehead

Try St. John's Newfoundland ;)

If I had as much money as Scott, I'd tell the NHL to **** themselves. No way I'm moving from Scottsdale to NEWFOUNDLAND for 400k.

****, I'm a broke college kid and even I wouldn't move there for 400k.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Even though OEL has been the best Coyote, Domi will go, since all the defensemen have been picked and there's now a hole at forward. I'm certainly not complaining though.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Apparently Scott had a bunch of shirts made up for all his Coyote teammates and was going to surprise them with them and thank them. Sucks that he won't be able to do that.

You can bet that if Scott made those shirts with Kyle Chipchura's face on them, Don and Dave would have open mouth kissed him in the middle of the locker room, and personally petitioned Gary Bettman to try and make Scott a First Team All-Star at the end of the season.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
DM and Bettman are dirtbags for the treatment of Scott.

McKenzie just said on tv that Montreal didn't want him in the trade but DM insisted. Now he's in the A and won't even get to attend the ASG.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

McKenzie just said on tv that Montreal didn't want him in the trade but DM insisted. Now he's in the A and won't even get to attend the ASG.

Wow. If it's this big of deal get rid of the ****ing fan vote instead of this ******* garbage.

If you find a link to that I'd be very interested in seeing it.

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This is just embarrassing to the league

Yeah, I mean what's more embarrassing, a goon in the already joke of an all star game, or forcing a trade of said good when his wife is close to birthing twins and he's clearly psyched to play in it. I'm going with the latter. Pathetic.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
OEL is obviously the most deserving. But if it has to be a forward then it's a tossup between four or five players. It will probably go to Domi though since he's a rookie and a popular guy league wide.

I say both Domi and OEL will go.

The. All. Star. Game. Is. For. Kids.

Said. No. One. Ever.

Yeah, I mean what's more embarrassing, a goon in the already joke of an all star game, or forcing a trade of said good when his wife is close to birthing twins and he's clearly psyched to play in it. I'm going with the latter. Pathetic.

What's more embarrassing is how the league still has plenty of influence in how this franchise operates.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Try St. John's Newfoundland ;)

If I had as much money as Scott, I'd tell the NHL to **** themselves. No way I'm moving from Scottsdale to NEWFOUNDLAND for 400k.

****, I'm a broke college kid and even I wouldn't move there for 400k.

:laugh::laugh: Scott's a pretty funny guy, so he might pick up some good Newfie jokes.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Wow. If it's this big of deal get rid of the ****ing fan vote instead of this ******* garbage.

If you find a link to that I'd be very interested in seeing it.

DM said the trade had nothing to do with the all star game and Scott was included so the contracts and money worked out. He said it was all business. You guys always make a mountain out of a mole hill.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
DM said the trade had nothing to do with the all star game and Scott was included so the contracts and money worked out. He said it was all business. You guys always make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Business can still be ugly.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA

And if you believe that, I gotta bridge for sale in Newfoundland for you...

I don't think it was solely pressure from the league as much as the Coyotes asking him to bow out and him refusing.

My question would be who was next in the fan votes for the Pacific? That's who should go (we don't really need representation in my opinion).

What would be funny is if all of the Division Captains bowed out and let the league pick their replacements since the fan vote is now "sullied" for future ASGs

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
And if you believe that, I gotta bridge for sale in Newfoundland for you...

Some people just need it spelled out as clear as day. No filling in of the blanks, you see.

Maloney has been too cavalier about all of this. I am concerned but that concern has nothing to do with the moves.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Maloney has been too cavalier about all of this. I am concerned but that concern has nothing to do with the moves.

It was sort of a crappy move with all of the personal stuff for Scott, but he'll survive.

If anything we actually got something out of Scott who we have benched for roughly 30 games this season. Whether or not Tinordi will pan out is another thing, but he'll get more opportunities than Scott did.

In terms of Scott, he may actually get more ice-time in Montreal (if he makes it back there this season), or he could write a tell-all book at some point in the future (he's had time to write about 1/3 of it so far this season)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Doan has had a great season. He will get the nod over Domi as Domi will likely have several asg's in his not too distant future. OEL is our best and most deserving player though.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Doan has had a great season. He will get the nod over Domi as Domi will likely have several asg's in his not too distant future. OEL is our best and most deserving player though.

I agree completely. Let Doan have a last honor for his great season, Domi/OEL will have many more to attend.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It was sort of a crappy move with all of the personal stuff for Scott, but he'll survive.

If anything we actually got something out of Scott who we have benched for roughly 30 games this season. Whether or not Tinordi will pan out is another thing, but he'll get more opportunities than Scott did.

In terms of Scott, he may actually get more ice-time in Montreal (if he makes it back there this season), or he could write a tell-all book at some point in the future (he's had time to write about 1/3 of it so far this season)

Yeah Scott made something like $4-5M the last however many years (source general fanager). They'll be fine.

Its bush league, but Tough for me to get too upset for a guy who played 70 minutes and spent another third of that in the box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad