Speculation: Who goes to the ASG?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
My heart says Domi, but my head says OEL because nobody in the NHL knows or cares about anyone else on our roster.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Scott was listed at forward, so it has to be Doan or Domi for in my head. Doan is what my heart wants. Domi though... I just think the press will be huge. Plus the hatty helps.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Doan with 16 goals in 34 games deserves to be offered the spot. Whether or not he declines, like Jagr, is up to him.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Doan deserves to go, but Domi would be better 3 on 3. Can't go wrong with any of the choices.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I think they'll pick Domi with his previous vote totals and the whole season of the rookie story line going on this year. I'd pick OEL.

No love for Boedker? Hell, maybe even Hanzal.

Most of the talk has generally surrounded these 3, thus the poll.

I've said I think Hanzal is our best player right now, but he's missed too many games.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Who cares anymore? **** the allstar game. I had one reason to watch, and now it's gone.

I really have no use for these complaints. If you wanted to do a joke vote at least vote for somebody like Rory Fitzpatrick who actually plays.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I really have no use for these complaints. If you wanted to do a joke vote at least vote for somebody like Rory Fitzpatrick who actually plays.

The point of John Scott going to the game was because he was someone who doesn't play. Voting in the biggest goon in the league is funnier than voting for some guy like Carlo Colaiacvovo, or any other 2016 version of Rory Fitzpatrick. Watching a 6'7" dude who skates about as fast as as the average bantam kid would be awesome. Watching a bunch of guys who think they're the **** skating at about half speed without playing defense is almost as entertaining as watching a 6 year old rec league soccer game.
Plus, Scott was really excited and was going to enjoy the once in a lifetime experience. Then he got kinda screwed over. I feel bad for the guy.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Who cares anymore? **** the allstar game. I had one reason to watch, and now it's gone.

I agree. Outside of Nashville, John Scott was the only reason anyone cared or talked about the game. If it's not in your town WTF cares? The game was finally going to be worth caring about.

Bettman and the Coyotes (assuming accusations are true) just reverse trolled hockey fans. Slick move but also biting the hand that feeds. Not the best move for Coyotes ownership.

Doan goes if the Coyotes pick. Domi goes if votes determine.

Last edited:

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
They aren't going to boot Giordano from the game just the Yotes can have somebody there (and would still have to find a replacement forward). It will be Domi or Doan. Likely the former, especially if the Yotes have any input since they were pumping his tires while trying to tell people to stop voting for Scott.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
OEL is obviously the most deserving. But if it has to be a forward then it's a tossup between four or five players. It will probably go to Domi though since he's a rookie and a popular guy league wide.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Doan should never play 3 on 3. He is slow and the 3 on 3 needs fast players. Hanzal shouldn't play in the all star game because he will find a way to get injured in it. So, Domi, OEL or Boedker have my vote in that order.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
I would like Domi/OEL to go but I think the NHL made its bed with the stupid fan voting and should have to sleep in it too. Only right thing is to keep Scott in IMO.

Leaves us with zero representation so pretty pissed we traded him away right before the game, but I just don't see it as fair for the NHL to pull this stuff to change the system they already put in place.

Keep Scott in the game and learn from it for next year.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Apparently Scott had a bunch of shirts made up for all his Coyote teammates and was going to surprise them with them and thank them. Sucks that he won't be able to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad