Who goes out when Kassian goes in?

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
He's an option that MacLean has and has been used often. No one will argue that he's a good hockey player, but that's not what the coach or management is looking from him.

Oh, trust me - I'm well aware of why useless goons making league minimum salaries are on teams. Just agree with me that it's Pejorative Slured.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Oh, trust me - I'm well aware of why useless goons making league minimum salaries are on teams. Just agree with me that it's Pejorative Slured.
I misread what said and thought the Sens would be the goon team with him in the lineup.

I think Murray agrees with you too since we didn't have a fighter, but when he saw Phillips and Wiercioch fight, he had no choice.

Step

Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Maybe I'm just getting older (I'm elderly at 34, yes) - but I'm REALLY starting to dislike fighting in our game. When I was a 22 year old drunkass on Elgin street it was awesome, but now I'd rather see Datsyuk than Brashear, yanno?

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Sure, it'll go to "whoever is playing badly," but with all guys bringing a good game it likely goes to Da Costa. Not only because Smith can slide back to centre but also because Da Bossta's the obvious size vs skill discrepancy in the bottom six. JGP & Condra are too effective in their defensive play to be options ahead of SDC.

All things being equal, of course.

It might be a better question to ask, which players will never come out, when Kassian is inserted.

Indeed. This poll is the biggest landslide.

240boy

Feb 21, 2013
Kingston
I still dont think Da Costa should be up. Kassian Smith and Neiler line is probably the toughest forward line in the NHL. Not that we need that every night but 30-40 games this season we will. Being in the East we need Kassian. Sure Neil can take on 95% of the guys in the league but that shouldnt be his roll anymore. We asked for Kassian, lets not take it for granted that we have one of the toughest SOB's in the NHL on our side. We should all be thankful he's there when called upon.

Ron Jeremy

You people make me laugh. Just because the guy doesn't have skills like Andre Petersson, you call him a terrible hockey player. Kassian will play more NHL games than your beloved Petersson. Hockey is a team game and you need all kinds of skill sets to be successful.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
voted da costa, but there is also the possibility smith sits. He tends to go through long stretches of uselessness.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Why would we replace our second line winger in Macarthur, with an enforcer who has the hockey skills of a Bantam Major?

If he comes in, someone from the 4th line comes out, unless Mac has no points in his first 10 games

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
I hate to pile on the poor guy, but right now, probably Da Costa. That said, if both Da Costa and Pageau are playing well, then I guess Condra comes out.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Condra is like Mac's favourite player.

Maybe, but like Kassian, he brings minimal offense. The other guys on the poll can all contribute offensively more than either Condra or Kassian.

Its not a decision based on Condra deserving to be benched. Its based only on him having hands made of granite.

Step

Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
You people make me laugh. Just because the guy doesn't have skills like Andre Petersson, you call him a terrible hockey player. Kassian will play more NHL games than your beloved Petersson. Hockey is a team game and you need all kinds of skill sets to be successful.

Hitting somebody in the face really hard, then sitting out for 10 mins isn't a skillset. Neither is playing 6 minutes a game.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Would have liked to have seen Corvo play yesterday in Buffalo so that Gryba would be available for tonight's game. I would have put in Gryba for Corvo, Kassian for Da Costa & Lehner for Anderson tonight to assure Anderson doesn't get hurt against the Goonies from the Rotten Apple. I would hate to see Anderson get run by some useless plugg tonight. I expect Toronto to goon it up again tonight with Orr, Brodie, Phaneuf & Devane in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad