Who goes out when Kassian goes in?

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Ryan - Spezza - Michalek
MacArthur - Turris - Conacher
Greening - Pageau - Condra
Smith - Da Costa - Neil

Don't forget Kassian is a left winger (Not sure if it makes a difference)

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Probably not because Smith is a center.

The guy who is lagging the most comes out. That could be different every time.

It might be a better question to ask, which players will never come out, when Kassian is inserted.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Are we going to see Da Costa out and Smith is inserted back as a centre? Or MacArthur goes out and Greening and Smith all go up one line?

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Probably not because Smith is a center.

The guy who is lagging the most comes out. That could be different every time.

It might be a better question to ask, which players will never come out, when Kassian is inserted.

And the answer is whoever is playing poorly at the time.

Too easy to answer this.

So let's say those 5 players are playing well, who would you choose?

Maybe none is the answer. Insert Gryba instead of Corvo?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Too easy to answer this.

If I had it my way Kassian wouldn't play any more games as a Senator, so I guess I'm the wrong person to answer this.

Looking just at the lines now, Da Costa seems like the obvious answer if Kassian has to go in.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
MacArthur is only here because he was guaranteed a top 6 role, if he gets scratched i don't think that will go well with our UFA attraction

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Too easy to answer this.

Variable dependant.

Who are we playing? Who sat out last? Who's dummying the AHL? Who's hurt? Where is ZBAD?

Sorry, any specific answers you get are pretty meaningless due to the variables. It's irrelevant conversation mostly. It's in flux, and the answer is generally made at the time of.

Most likely at the moment, probably Da Costa...an extra small skilled center. There will come a time where Da Costa turns into Mika in all likelihood.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
The voting results are really funny.

21 votes so far.
20 people said Da Costa.
One person said Macarthur, and is also the OP

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
Spezza and/or MM will be injured shortly after puck drop so the decision will be easy.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I imagine the games in which Kassian would draw in are also logically the games in which we would want to play Smith over Da Costa (for toughness and penalty killing), therefore, unless Smith is playing much more poorly than Da Costa I'd say Da Costa sits.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Agree with most Kassian comes in, Smith moves to centre & Da Costa sits out. I expect we will see it against Toronto when Da Costa & Corvo sit out & Kassian & Gryba come into the lineup. Should be an interesting game considering all the discussion with the Parros/Orr fight. I also expect that Lehner will play against Toronto.

Last edited:

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
First of all, I don't think we need a player like Kassian around, unless we're going to play a goon team. Like if the Flyers from the 70s showed up..then maybe...

He can't skate
He can't pass
He can't shoot

...and more importantly, considering his size...he can't HIT

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
First of all, I don't think we need a player like Kassian around, unless we're going to play a goon team.

He can't skate
He can't pass
He can't shoot

...and more importantly, considering his size...he can't HIT
He's an option that MacLean has and has been used often. No one will argue that he's a good hockey player, but that's not what the coach or management is looking from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad