Speculation: Who gets the A if Pav leaves?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We look certain to have an absurdly Michigan lead group at some point.

If you look at our contracted guys and guys we expect to stick around long-term with leadership grouping....

Larkin, Abdelkader, DeKeyser and Glendening all have huge leadership qualities or importance. Not that DeKeyser doesn't have leadership qualities but he is probably the weakest in this regard but then again with Ouellet not making the gains we need in skating he seems like our clear cut best D-man until a trade is hopefully made and perhaps an A type guy.

Kronwall and Z aren't actually going anywhere immediately but there is a chance our three letter wears are actually all Michiganders in the near future.

Ouellet seemed like a big leadership guy, but he needs to make a much bigger push onto the roster. Nyquist was groomed initially but not sure what they are doing there now. His locker placement and that kind of stuff sort of tipped it early but maybe they have gone another way.

Ericsson has had it in he past in these scenarios. But I really do believe Abby has earned that A and should be the guy right now if Dats heads back to Russia next year.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Abby is first guess.

Larkin is actually my second guess and will be the next captain.

Or ummmmmmmmmmm maybe dekeyser or green.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Kyle Quincey.

raw

That explains my feelings on that. Will be extremely disappointed if he is even on the team next season.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Why not Larkin? Prepare him for the C... because, ya know, he's obviously going to wear it after Z.

Abby isn't a bad choice, though.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Abby. I don't see the need for giving it to Larkin yet. He can still learn to be a leader without having a letter on his sweater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad