Speculation: Who Gets Hired First Q or Stan?

Who gets hired first Q or Stan

• Stan as GM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
"You really think I care about an "I'm smarter than everyone" image on an anonymous hockey message board? Sorry, my self-confidence isn't that low, bud."
ChiHawk10

And how does that post say that I care? I'm not bragging about me being smart there... but I'm not shocked you can't see that. :laugh:

You're going on ignore. Do me a favor. Don't f***ing reply to my posts anymore. My curiosity gets the best of me, and I always have to pull you off there to see what ridiculous opinion you have at that point. Just don't. Ever. Don't reply to them. I won't talk to you, you stay the f*** away from me. I'm done wasting my time on you. You can't comprehend what I'm saying, anyways.

Last edited:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
The roster was better than the performance last season and the season prior to that. It wasn't a Cup winning roster, but it was better than a miss the playoffs and get thoroughly embarrassed in the 1st round roster. Is that all on Quenneville? No. But add to that the changing dynamic and direction of this roster (getting younger and younger) and the game continuing to evolve, and Bowman did exactly what you ask him to do of the players; he predicted his current coach was not the fit going forward for this team and he replaced him. Time will tell if he chose the right guy and that will 100% be on him. You can also very fairly argue that the timing was bad for a multitude of reasons. If this was going to happen, it should have last summer. It's a better look and exit for Quenneville, and it gives your new head coach the proper time to prepare, have a training camp, and come in fresh. Bowman set up Colliton terribly in this scenario and the optics are pretty bad, and that's squarely on him. He wears that.

As for Bowman, a fair debate can be made that he could have been canned last summer as well. With that said, a coach generally goes before an exec, and the upper crust obviously thought enough of the fact that Bowman has drafted very well with many talented young players imminently joining the NHL ranks and done some things to instill the confidence to be able to crawl out of this AND choose his own coach to lead the way, that they allowed for him some time to rectify this and get back to contending again. Will it happen? Who knows? How long will he get? Who knows?

Personally, I am okay with him being retained and being given full control of fixing this. That includes moving on with a new voice in a head coach, which takes absolutely nothing away from what that head coach did previously or what he may do somewhere else. Here in Chicago...it was time. I have a hard time really seeing how anyone sees otherwise, but to each their own. It wasn't working anymore, and the shelf life had expired. Unfortunately, it was done at the wrong time, but that's on Bowman as well. With all of that said, if there isn't a significant step forward made in the results next season, that should be it for him. They don't need to win a Cup next season, but there needs to be significant, significant steps forward. He doesn't get much time, for me. The reality is, you need to give your head coach the time as well and he'll need a full off-season, fresh training camp, etc. to move forward with that. There's enough youth imminently on the way, upcoming cap space, and continued production out of some of your core members, that I am ok with moving forward with Bowman getting his ONE final chance to right this ship. If this team is middling or treading water at this point next season from the beginning, feel free to get out the ax.

This is the most reasonable way I can present how and why this makes sense. Certainly isn't foolproof and can be absolutely be debated, but it's where I'm at and why I think a move at head coach was sensible and also extremely complicated.
this i can respect. very reasonable stance on the current situation. My only disagreement is that the change in dynamic and direction of the roster is because bowmen dint do his job correctly. If he had then we would not need to change direction (my opinion) i think with how kane and toews are playing now we could have competed if the right buttons were pushed from a roster standpoint. because i believe this i thought that the GM should go before the coach or both at the same time if we want to completely go in another direction. i do not trust bowman to make the correct decisions anymore. i appreciate no blatant shots at other peoples opinions on the situation.

we have 4.2 million in cap space. we signed another 8.1 million in kunitz manning rutta and traded for kruger. thats 12.3 million in wasted space. de haan (4.5), moore (2.7), cole (4.25) all signed with other teams in the off season. its tough for me to say that bowman gave the team a good chance to win when (imo) we have limited good years left with kane and toews and they will be on contract for a long time (a problem coming in the future).

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The roster was better than the performance last season and the season prior to that. It wasn't a Cup winning roster, but it was better than a miss the playoffs and get thoroughly embarrassed in the 1st round roster. Is that all on Quenneville? No. But add to that the changing dynamic and direction of this roster (getting younger and younger) and the game continuing to evolve, and Bowman did exactly what you ask him to do of the players; he predicted his current coach was not the fit going forward for this team and he replaced him. Time will tell if he chose the right guy and that will 100% be on him. You can also very fairly argue that the timing was bad for a multitude of reasons. If this was going to happen, it should have last summer. It's a better look and exit for Quenneville, and it gives your new head coach the proper time to prepare, have a training camp, and come in fresh. Bowman set up Colliton terribly in this scenario and the optics are pretty bad, and that's squarely on him. He wears that.

As for Bowman, a fair debate can be made that he could have been canned last summer as well. With that said, a coach generally goes before an exec, and the upper crust obviously thought enough of the fact that Bowman has drafted very well with many talented young players imminently joining the NHL ranks and done some things to instill the confidence to be able to crawl out of this AND choose his own coach to lead the way, that they allowed for him some time to rectify this and get back to contending again. Will it happen? Who knows? How long will he get? Who knows?

Personally, I am okay with him being retained and being given full control of fixing this. That includes moving on with a new voice in a head coach, which takes absolutely nothing away from what that head coach did previously or what he may do somewhere else. Here in Chicago...it was time. I have a hard time really seeing how anyone sees otherwise, but to each their own. It wasn't working anymore, and the shelf life had expired. Unfortunately, it was done at the wrong time, but that's on Bowman as well. With all of that said, if there isn't a significant step forward made in the results next season, that should be it for him. They don't need to win a Cup next season, but there needs to be significant, significant steps forward. He doesn't get much time, for me. The reality is, you need to give your head coach the time as well and he'll need a full off-season, fresh training camp, etc. to move forward with that. There's enough youth imminently on the way, upcoming cap space, and continued production out of some of your core members, that I am ok with moving forward with Bowman getting his ONE final chance to right this ship. If this team is middling or treading water at this point next season from the beginning, feel free to get out the ax.

This is the most reasonable way I can present how and why this makes sense. Certainly isn't foolproof and can be absolutely be debated, but it's where I'm at and why I think a move at head coach was sensible and also extremely complicated.

100% agree.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad