Speculation: Who Gets Hired First Q or Stan?

Who gets hired first Q or Stan

• Stan as GM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
The clock starts the day they were/are fired.

Obviously Q's clock is ticking.

It seems like there will be a demand for Joel but will he want to coach again?
Who knows when Bowman will be fired/resign, does he get another GM job?

The poll is the number of days after losing their job.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
If Q don't take a job he'll still get paid 6 million next year. He's a hall of fame lock, 66 some odd years old. Just relax and chill.

Right now he's got to be loving the Hawks state of affairs...

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
It's an indication how each is respected. For instance, when Savard was fired as HC, some people were outraged. As it turns out Savvy( I loved him as a player and person ) was never offered a head coaching job again. So my question is, will Quenneville ever be an NHL head coach again? Will Bowman ever be a GM of another team? and who gets that job in the fewest days after losing their job with the Hawks.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Coaches are recycled faster so the answer is Q from a speed perspective.

If the rebuild with the current Hawks works then Stan will most likely not go any where but if it fails he would get a at least one more opportunity if not two. 3 cups will get you that.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Stan will never GM another team after this one

Really? And how do you know this? He is actually quite respected in the GM circles. Why would you suggest that he would not get another GM job if he were so inclined? Are all those Stanley Cups not good enough on a resume?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Really? And how do you know this? He is actually quite respected in the GM circles. Why would you suggest that he would not get another GM job if he were so inclined? Are all those Stanley Cups not good enough on a resume?
Because he believes Stan is a terrible GM. Because terrible GMs build/help build 3 Stanley Cup Championships and navigate the cap the way he did for almost a decade. :laugh:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Because he believes Stan is a terrible GM. Because terrible GMs build/help build 3 Stanley Cup Championships and navigate the cap the way he did for almost a decade. :laugh:
how long will fans keep pointing to those 3 SC. how long ago was the last SC final, let alone a win ...... the truism of all this smoke screen is yeah the org won 3 sc and now the team is bad, worst than bad at this present time.

Reactions: Blackhawks

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
how long will fans keep pointing to those 3 SC. how long ago was the last SC final, let alone a win ...... the truism of all this smoke screen is yeah the org won 3 sc and now the team is bad, worst than bad at this present time.

Forever? Because Stanley Cup wins don't just go away because the team is bad now. The Cups and all the work he did to get the Hawks those Cups don't just drop off his resume because he has had a bad couple of offseasons...

What has happened to this team is exactly what the salary cap is supposed to do to a team, though. It's the entire purpose of a cap... And now he has to rebuild. And with the prospects in the pipeline, he seems to be well on his way to doing that.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Forever? Because Stanley Cup wins don't just go away because the team is bad now. The Cups and all the work he did to get the Hawks those Cups don't just drop off his resume because he has had a bad couple of offseasons...

What has happened to this team is exactly what the salary cap is supposed to do to a team, though. It's the entire purpose of a cap... And now he has to rebuild. And with the prospects in the pipeline, he seems to be well on his way to doing that.

and i agree..... it will be a forever moment in anyone life time to enjoy..... however there is no accountability for the rest. lets not keep living in a fantasy land of those cups, but to continue to tweak, to keep improving.....

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and i agree..... it will be a forever moment in anyone life time to enjoy..... however there is no accountability for the rest. lets not keep living in a fantasy land of those cups, but to continue to tweak, to keep improving.....

I'm not living in fantasy land. Has nothing to do with fantasy land. Someone thinks Stan is a terrible GM. I said terrible GMs don't build a 3x Stanley Cup champion team. That's fact, not some fantasy.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm not living in fantasy land. Has nothing to do with fantasy land. Someone thinks Stan is a terrible GM. I said terrible GMs don't build a 3x Stanley Cup champion team. That's fact, not some fantasy.
and that fantasy statement if in ref to anyone who doesn't thinks this team has problems ..... it has been how long that SC.....

rhetorical question, if nothing is done in another 5 - 8 yrs, will you still point to those 3 cups for reason to not lambast the FO ??

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and that fantasy statement if in ref to anyone who doesn't thinks this team has problems ..... it has been how long that SC.....

rhetorical question, if nothing is done in another 5 - 8 yrs, will you still point to those 3 cups for reason to not lambast the FO ??

I'm not pointing at it as a reason to not lambast the FO...

And if nothing is done in another 5-8 years(I highly doubt that) of course I wouldn't point to those 3 Cups. I'm simply saying Stan is not a bad GM, and the evidence is the 3 Cups. If he still hasn't done anything in 5-8 years he will have been fired long before then and rightfully so...

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
u completely diminish Qs cups at every turn but use this in pro stan arguments. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Blackhawks

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
u completely diminish Qs cups at every turn but use this in pro stan arguments. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh:

Find me somewhere where I diminish Q's cups. Go through my post history and find something. Seriously. I want you to please do it. Because it's never happened. It's some stupid shit made up in your head. It's something someone says when they lack the reading comprehension and critical thinking skills to differentiate between "criticism", and "diminishing".

Criticizing Q = Diminishing his Cups. :laugh:

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm not pointing at it as a reason to not lambast the FO...

And if nothing is done in another 5-8 years(I highly doubt that) of course I wouldn't point to those 3 Cups. I'm simply saying Stan is not a bad GM, and the evidence is the 3 Cups. If he still hasn't done anything in 5-8 years he will have been fired long before then and rightfully so...
and therein lies the conundrum of any statement or fact finding in ANYONE discussion. there will come a time that individuals will need to come to a decision on when to ask for more tweaking in the team. to get the new core of players ready to make a run. however i will also state that is while the team has the last remnants of a great pair of players, like Kane and Toews. this core will be getting long in the tooth to keep up their production.

so for me, that time to fix the club was, again for me was 3 yrs ago..... and yeah before the extending of Seabs contract esp for those yrs.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014

Nice post. it is refreshing to see a mature outlook that sees the big picture. So many posts are just childish. What we are seeing is exactly the design intent of the Cap system and what the Hawks are experiencing, in general, is to be expected. The team will rebuild and in 2-3 seasons be again competitive - if all goes well. Bowman did it once and can do it again. Now, it is just as likely that he is fired somewhere along the line b/c a 'new perspective" might be in view. But he will not be fired b/c he somehow is a bad GM. He is a very good GM, in general. All GMs have bad trades --- especially in Cap-limited deals --- and all GMs have a bad contract or two. Bowman is not above all that. But his triumphs are many.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->