Speculation: who gets drafted?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Because they will get a premium for them in trades. They won't make much noise in the first few years, so it would be smart to sell.

It will be interesting to see how they play it.

They could build a blueline that allows them to compete faster than many expect.

And given that Vatanen is signed for three more seasons and Dumba is still an RFA after 17-18, they could be core guys for them, too.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Bogosian, people forget that he was essentially traded straight up for Tyler Myers - he was a top 4 dman as was Myers. Bogosian has had a rough couple of years but he's not old, he'll be good again. I think McPhee will see it that way.

My 2nd choice is Moulson because of their personal relationship and Moulson can score plus mentorship abilities.
Big, physical, and can skate will always make GMs excited. I wouldn't be surprised.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I voted Carrier because I don't understand how Ennis was valued more than him on the protection list, so something must be happening to make LVGK leave Ullmark with BUF. Hence also the reason Ullmark was signed 1-way. i.e., as a "poison pill" for the LVGK (in lieu of BUF being able to protect Ullmark), so if LVGK does reneg on a speculated deal to take Carrier, but instead takes Ullmark anyway, it will hurt LVGK a little more.

I'm hoping they DON'T take Bogosian.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Not that it means much, but no one in the national media has really said anything about Carrier.

Its all been Bogosian, Kulikov, and a tiny bit of Ullmark talk.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Not that it means much, but no one in the national media has really said anything about Carrier.

Yeah, it's interesting reading the mock expansion drafts on Vegas subforum here.

If I had to measure it, for every 10 posts with selections/lineups... seems 6 take Ullmark, 3 take Bogosian, 1 takes Carrier.

Obviously you can't read too much into it, there could be deals or agreements in place. And these are just fans talking. But that seems to be the way the winds are blowing.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Not surprising, since Carrier would be the smartest pick.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

The national media almost entirely lacks a deep understanding of each team. It doesn't say much if they talk about known quantities while disregarding a player with 8 NHL points who was never a blue chip prospect. NHL teams on the other hand have teams of pro and amateur scouts, so they are certainly aware of Carrier, whether they'd take him or not.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The thing about Kulikov or any other pending UFA...if LV talks with that player and the player says he wants to sign there, why not just wait until after July 1st so they can also select another player from that same team?

Is there a clause that prohibits LV from doing this?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
You would rather we kept Moulson around?

My dream was LV taking Ennis. After that Moulson, and then Bogosian, and then Gorges. I'd have Gorges higher up the list but he's only got this season left.

I keep envisioning side deals where LV takes one of those contracts, but my master plans never come to fruition so I just expect Carrier to get taken, or maybe Ullmark.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00