Who from east do you want to get the final 2 spots?

Which teams?

• New York Islanders

Votes: 97 44.9%
  • Washington Capitals

Votes: 87 40.3%
  • Detroit Red Wings

Votes: 103 47.7%
  • Philadelphia Flyers

Votes: 38 17.6%
  • Pittsburgh Penguins

Votes: 82 38.0%

• Total voters

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I really want the Red Wings to get in, but I don't care about the other spot. I guess having Patrick Roy in the playoffs would be fun.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Penguin. Definitely. I'd like for Sid, Geno, Letang and the band to get another kick at the can.

Red Wing would be fun i think, just because it's been awhile. They've got some fun players.

I'm torn on Flyers because i hope Torts never finds any success ever again. But i like a decent number of their players.

Isles can also be fun to watch sometimes. I like a lot of their players and some of them are very fun to watch when they're on. It also feels like they should maybe be rewarded at some point for refusing to tank and just relentlessly trying to make the playoffs no matter what it costs their future.

Washington i don't really have anything interesting to watch there and it doesn't seem like they're even really trying.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
The fact that the Isles are going to be in the playoffs again is such a disservice to the sport. Hopefully their series is buried on like ESPNews++ or something as to not deter new fans enjoying all the other great series this year.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Caps and Pens, for old time's sake. Who wants to live in a world where Crosby and Ovechkin aren't in the playoffs?

I think people have been gravely overestimating Yzerman, and it would be a much-needed reality check if they missed. It would also be a shame to see Tortorella get Jack Adams votes for a team that won less than 50% of its games.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
The fact that the Isles are going to be in the playoffs again is such a disservice to the sport. Hopefully their series is buried on like ESPNews++ or something as to not deter new fans enjoying all the other great series this year.
Quite the contrary. The Islanders always have the best arena atmosphere of any team, and it's easily heard through the TV.

If you want to build the game, you want NYI playoff games on TV.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Pittsburgh for Sid and I'd like to see either Detroit for Seider in the POs, Isles for Dobson/Romanov and Washington for Ovi one last time.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I would sooner vote for bubonic plague to make the playoffs than the Penguins, so that leaves four.

I'm neutral on the Red Wings (though I still like Ghost), am ready for the Caps to acknowledge reality, and the Isles are less offensive than most Metro teams, but still, even though they're pretty much a lock, screw that. Give me the Wings and my Flyers.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wouldn't you?

I care about the long term, post-Ovechkin success of this team, not short term "glory".
Enjoy the time you have with your great, Habs fan didn't get good last few years with Price, but the last round he gave us was legendary. Maybe you'll get the same thing.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
That will just about do it for the Pens. No way the Flyers and Canadiens win tomorrow.

Excited end to the season but their power play and bottom 6 destroyed them this year.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Do the Flyers have any chance of making the playoffs. Say Detroit and Pittsburgh lose their next game and they Beat the Caps in regulation, they would be tied with the Caps and both would have the same amount of regulation wins

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Do the Flyers have any chance of making the playoffs. Say Detroit and Pittsburgh lose their next game and they Beat the Caps in regulation, they would be tied with the Caps and both would have the same amount of regulation wins
I think so, but like you said, all three of those would need to happen

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Flyers would need to win in regulation and Detroit and Pitt both lose in regulation to make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad