Who doesn't make the starting 12?

TheThrill81*

Why does Kessel have 9 votes? Why does Kessel have any votes?

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Matt Frattin will likely take over Damigo's job with the Marlies

If David Booth even looks like a shadow of his former self, I think you'll see him play the right side on the 2 line

Lupul - Kadri - Booth

Komarov - Kontiola - Clarkson

Winnik - Holland - Santorelli

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Matt Frattin will likely take over Damigo's job with the Marlies

If David Booth even looks like a shadow of his former self, I think you'll see him play the right side on the 2 line

Lupul - Kadri - Booth

Komarov - Kontiola - Clarkson

Winnik - Holland - Santorelli

I find this kind of backwards re: Frattin. Makes no sense to trade a player from the marlies and hope his counterpart succeeds him. I definitely think they're hoping with Matt 'coming home' he gets reignited again to hold a spot on the Leafs. Whether that is at the start of the season or later.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It's kinda crap shoot really, but I suspect one of Booth or Santorelli.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Here is the starting roster:

1. Kessel
  2. Lupul
  3. Clarkson
  4. Van Riemsdyk
  5. Bozak
  6. Komarov
  7. Kadri
  8. Santorelli
  9. Winnik
  10. Booth
  11. Kontiola
  12. Frattin
  13. Holland

Bodie is the 14th man. Ashton is traded (unless there are injuries). Book it.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I find this kind of backwards re: Frattin. Makes no sense to trade a player from the marlies and hope his counterpart succeeds him. I definitely think they're hoping with Matt 'coming home' he gets reignited again to hold a spot on the Leafs. Whether that is at the start of the season or later.

the way I've heard it is that Frattin wasn't happy in Columbus and Jerry wasn't overly happy in Toronto as he felt he never got a reasonable chance to play with the big club

they're basically the same player w/slightly different skill sets Frattin's a little more offensive minded w/a very good release, D'Amigo is a little better defensively

I like both of those kids but I don't think either one of them sadly makes a lasting impression in the NHL, and to add to that I hope I'm wrong

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I actually wouldn't mind having Holland as our 13th guy. I think he's good (and probably better than one or two guys in the line up)... but the good thing about Holland is that he can play probably anywhere in the line up.

So if a player is injured, we will not have to shuffle around all the lines. If Bozak is out for a few games, then Holland can play on the top line. If a 4th line winger goes down, then Holland can play that position too.

I hope this year we pick some lines and stick with them. And when someone it out for a few games, I hope we don't blow up all the other lines and shuffle everyone around.

Another option with Holland as our 13th forward is to use him basically as a rover. So if everyone is healthy, then we can just give a random player a rest each game and have Holland fill in. So maybe if someone takes a hard hit one game, we can give them the night off because we've got someone good who can step in. There's no need to try to tough it out. This one game break for a player can also be used to hit the gym and try to put on a bit of size throughout the season. Can Holland play both wings?

This could also be good experience for Holland because we will see how he performs in different rolls. We might get to see him on the top line, we might get to see him on the bottom line... and maybe everywhere inbetween.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad