Who doesn't make the starting 12?

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I voted Holland because the rest are almost 100% forced to be in the line up due to their contracts or being shiny new toys (I include Frattin in the new toys category).

geary17

Aug 9, 2006
Windsor
I say Holland, especially since we have 5 other centres: Bozak, Kadri, Santorelli, Komarov, Kontiola.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Picked Frattin, but for me it came down to him or booth. Would of picked Clarkson, but obviously not a realistic option due to contract.

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
has to be one between Frattin or Holland.

For me It is frattin. he had 7 pts in 44 games wheras Holland had 10 points in 39 games. Holland was also PPG in the marlies playoffs so i cant see spott not playing him.

centers can always make adjustment to wing so i dont see too many centers being a problem either

Last edited:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Really hard to say without seeing how these guys do at camp. Right now I'd probably say Frattin but I could also see Booth Holland or Kontiola stating as the 13th forward too.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
The correct answer is whoever is injured at that date.

The answer you want is either Holland or Frattin

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I am guessing Holland because the leafs have historically buried him, hoping he finds his way on the roster though.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Kessel will have a 10 game suspension for jumping over the boards to protect Clarkson from St. Louis during the preseason.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
With Santorelli age 28 and Kontiola 30 likely the favourites for 3rd and 4th line centers that would leave Holland in the pressbox.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Out of those 12 who is waiver exempt?

No one is waiver exempt. Either are Ashton or Bodie or others not on the list either.

If the Leafs drop Orr they may keep Bodie for his toughness on the 4th line so it might be even more than just one of those top 12 that are not in the line-up on opening night.

Both Holland and Frattin might be in the pressbox when the season starts.

J1S

May 12, 2014
I think Frattin sits opening night, but the first 10 games we'll be seeing a lot of different bottom six combinations.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
No one is waiver exempt. Either are Ashton or Bodie or others not on the list either.

If the Leafs drop Orr they may keep Bodie for his toughness on the 4th line so it might be even more than just one of those top 12 that are not in the line-up on opening night.

Both Holland and Frattin might be in the pressbox when the season starts.

This.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I agree that out of those 12 somebody is bound to be injured, long term or short term, or gasp suspended. In a perfect world where all survive what is shaping up to be an intensely combative and competitive training camp and pre season, Frattin fall from grace over the last year makes him the most likely to sit. I think Orr gets sent down, Frattin and Bodie will be extras.

Somebody who may be slow out of the gate is Santorelli, who is coming off shoulder surgery. He should be 100% but he's been recouping for 6 months. May be rusty.

Also Kontiola, he hadn't played over here in years, so he isn't a shoe in for a spot either. Everything I have read, from journalists, people who gave seen him play daily, or on a consistent basis say he should compete for a second line centre spot:amazed: but I find that a stretch for someone coming in to NA ice after so long away. He might take a few months to reacquaint himself with the rinks and play.

Booth hasn't done much to say he should be guaranteed a spot, but he ended the season strongly after injury filled seasons with the Canucks. He may be finally healthy after years of ankle problems, concussions and other problems. Hard to say if he will survive the preseason though, he doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy for very long.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If there can be a trade involving some people, then that's likely the option. Given that we have 15 forwards on our roster right now, I'm going to say the 3 people who don't make the roster are Winnik/Booth, Kontiola and Ashton.

Well it's Holland over Kontiola essentially. Winnik or Booth for the 4th line LW spot and Bodie or Ashton for the 4th line RW spot. If Winnik or Booth could play RW, I might have said Frattin gets bumped but they can't so they get bumped. I also think Santorelli should play center, not RW.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If there can be a trade involving some people, then that's likely the option. Given that we have 15 forwards on our roster right now, I'm going to say the 3 people who don't make the roster are Winnik/Booth, Kontiola and Ashton.

That seems like a lot of new players on the outside looking in when musical chairs for roster spots is decided.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It has to be Phil Kessel! :sarcasm:

Now really, why was he included in that list? Like, really!!! :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad