Who does your team need in the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Leafs need a scoring winger or a talented center.

Slava Trukhno
Denis Istomin
Andrew Cogliano

should fit the bill.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
New Jersey :
1.) Shutdown defensmen, Stevens is on his way out and I would like someone to compete and push Hale harder in the future.

2.)I think we need some fascoring off the wing, Suglobov is really the only one who can burst open a game even strength from the wing.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Crossbar said:
Florida needs goaltending prospects and a top pairing physical defensive d-man who can log a lot of minutes.
Florida does not need a goaltending prospect. That is like saying Philly and NJ need more centers. Luongo should be good for 10 years.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:
Florida does not need a goaltending prospect. That is like saying Philly and NJ need more centers. Luongo should be good for 10 years.

I understand what you are saying but how is their goalie depth for the farm team, etc?

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Jason MacIsaac said:
Yeah but Luongo can always get hurt or suffer a career ending injury, then what? Florida will only have Shantz, Scott and Vuorio to fall back on in the system, they just need to stock up the system (w/ some mid/late rounders) to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
I'd like to see the Rangers grab a good offensive talent or a good punishing defenseman. Brule or Johnson come to mind seeing as Crosby is likely to be gone.

CH Wizard

10 ft. pole said:
LA needs Goaltending and a bonafide Rob Blake Clone minus the big nose and chip on shoulder

Garon is a SKILLED goalie , I'm telling ya , he's so underrated.I've seen him play like 20 times and I think , if Theo wouldn't have been there.Garon would have been our N#1 goalie for a so long time.

As for the thread , habs need some DEPHT AT DEFENCE.We desesperatly need a offensive dman and we also need a big , gritty forward ala Skille , O'Marra,Setoguchi etc...

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
McDonald19 said:
Ducks need:

1) 1st pairing d-man (Marc Staal would be nice at 9th overall...or trade up for Johnson)
2) 1st line center (Getzlaf being a great 2nd line center...Brule would be nice if they can trade up)
3) Goalie of the future (Bryzgalov is already 25)

What Ducks don't need:
Wingers and 2nd and 3rd pairing D-men. Got plenty of those.

I disagree somewhat, I think having Getzlaf is enough, I'd concentrate more on puck-moving d-men (agree with no. 1 and no.3 though)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
For Phoenix:

1. BPA
2. A center with first line potential (I don't think Koreis, McKloed, or Redenbach have it)
3. GOALIES (no depth after LeNevue)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The Great One said:
Garon is a SKILLED goalie , I'm telling ya , he's so underrated.I've seen him play like 20 times and I think , if Theo wouldn't have been there.Garon would have been our N#1 goalie for a so long time.

As for the thread , habs need some DEPHT AT DEFENCE.We desesperatly need a offensive dman and we also need a big , gritty forward ala Skille , O'Marra,Setoguchi etc...

We still need depth for the farm team, a good back-up in case Garon gets hurt (this is L.A, after all), or just to put a fire under Garon's butt to keep him competitive, knowing he has a #1 spot to lose.

So, I agree the Kings need a reliable goaltender in their system. They also need a very good first line center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad