Who does QB center in his first game?

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
Just curious as to what you guys think would be a great set of wingers to put on either side of Byfield. Personally I would love to see him play between Iafallo and Kempe. I think QB needs to play between two very aggressive wingers who will go into the corners and dig those pucks out. I also think he needs to play with wingers who won’t handle the puck like a hand grenade when he passes it to them, so that he’s not second-guessing his passing ability which I’m hoping we are beginning to see developing into something to behold at the pro level. I also think those two wingers will show him how to use his speed and his body size to open up space to operate on the ice. I’m quite sure that TM will not break up the “holy Trinity” line in order to give Byfield that pairing. So perhaps AA would be that second winger with speed. What do you think and who would you put on his wings?

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Byfield’s not the toughest customer but how much protection does a 6’4
5” 220 lb player need? AHL has way more goons. Put him with good hockey players, even if we dont have many of those.

Reactions: Choralone and funky

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
And I have no problem with that.

1st ever game, he doesn't need to be thrown to the wolves.

I don't even really agree with him being called up honestly.

Seriously? If his confidence would somehow be shattered from six games at the end of a lost season then it is already a missed pick.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Really surprised they traded Amadio. He was the integral part of the prospect obstacle course to make the Kings. If you could perform and play a perfect defensive game on a line with Amadio and one of Wagner/Luff/Lewis/Clifford for a week then you make the team and get to move up a line. If you score once or twice you get to be on the second power play unit.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Seriously? If his confidence would somehow be shattered from six games at the end of a lost season then it is already a missed pick.
I don't think his confidence is going to be shattered. Who's saying that?

Relatively speaking, Byfield has played very little hockey recently. His last CHL season was cut short by injury, then COVID. He didn't really get into a groove in the WJC.

Then he plays 30 AHL games and he really starts to get going (so I'm told) for the first time in basically a year. Now we're going to yank him out of that situation.

I felt the same way about Vilardi. He finally gets into a groove, then they yank him out of it.

I like the idea of QB getting a few NHL games here at the end of the season, but if things are starting to click for him in Ontario, why not let him marinate a little longer? Then you can bring him up for the last few games of the season.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Wagner QB Luff, keep all the low IQ guys together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad