Who do you want to win the Cup?

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
Blues.

I live in STL now, so if STL wins, more people will be talking hockey here and that's good for me I guess.

sturm_und_drang

Aug 2, 2005
Sunnyvale
Rangers for me - grew up rooting for them, and I'm a big Dan Boyle fan, would be great to see him get another cup with a different team...and I love watching Mats Zuccarello play.

Islanders otherwise, they didn't show up in the NYC area until I was in my mid-20's and are pretty hated rivals of the Rangers, starting with the 3-game "preliminary" round added to the SC playoffs in 1975...but these Islanders are pretty exciting with all the young players finding roles and good chemistry.

stevesharksf

Apr 1, 2011
I'm from Minnesota and the wild have a player with the same last name as mine.

Go Wild. I even have my wild tshirt with my last name on it coming in a day or two ... and my last name is not all that common.

Requin

Lurkedylurk
Jan 10, 2007
San Luis Obispo
Let me double check my official team ranking. (Because I am definitely not a huge nerd who stayed up late one night writing a quicksort program to help me rank NHL teams...)

3. New York Islanders
7. Tampa Bay Lightning
10. Winnipeg Jets
11. St Louis Blues
12. Minnesota Wild
14. Washington Capitals
15. Ottawa Senators
16. Montreal Canadiens
17. Detroit Red Wings
18. Pittsburgh Penguins
20. New York Rangers
21. Calgary Flames
23. Vancouver Canucks
25. Chicago Blackhawks
29. Nashville Predators
30. Anaheim Ducks

Of course, this varies slightly based on players in a given year. Big bonus to NYR this year due to Boyler; I don't like the team but I'd be okay with them winning.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA

brewster.jpg

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I'm from Minnesota and the wild have a player with the same last name as mine.

Go Wild. I even have my wild tshirt with my last name on it coming in a day or two ... and my last name is not all that common.

So you're steve neiderreiter
Or steve rechlicz

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
Islanders. I have a good friend who has been a life long Isles fan despite them being awful his whole life, and it would be pretty cool to see them win the cup in their last season in Nassau County.

Behind them I'd probably say the Sens, because I like the comeback story this season (and Michalek), the Wild because I'll be in Minnesota in late May and that would be cool, or the Jets just because that would be ridiculous.

There actually aren't too many teams I would be really pissed off about winning it in the playoffs this year.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Flames.

Just a lot to like ... Predicted lottery contender, hard working young team, budding stars in Gaudreau, Brodie, and Monahan, rejects Russell and Hudler playing superbly, overcame the loss of probable Norris finalist Giordano, Hartley probably a Jack Adams finalist.

If the Flames don't make it, a very good bet obviously, let's see some fresh faces in the Final, i.e. anybody but Chicago, Vancouver, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Detroit.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I guess the Caps just because I like Trotz... but honestly I wish I cared at all, but I just don't this year. I likely won't watch a second of playoff hockey because of it. I normally watch the finals, but this year I'm just totally disinterested.

To be fair, my lifes crazy busy right now, and under a ton of stress, so that's likely why.

Requin

Lurkedylurk
Jan 10, 2007
San Luis Obispo
I guess the Caps just because I like Trotz... but honestly I wish I cared at all, but I just don't this year. I likely won't watch a second of playoff hockey because of it. I normally watch the finals, but this year I'm just totally disinterested.

To be fair, my lifes crazy busy right now, and under a ton of stress, so that's likely why.

Heh. I still hate Trotz, even though he's a hell of a coach. My brother (NYI fan) told me I could only join the Isles bandwagon if I drew a picture of my least favorite Capital, so this happened:
10371398_10152822938204646_2393818209786992225_n.jpg

I'm with you on the apathy thing, btw. In the past I've taken a sort of tragic pleasure in watching the games after the Sharks lost, but this year I feel just meh about everything.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
Someone new and underrated. All these overrated teams with stars can't win cups all time.

thasanjoseshawksdood*

All year ive seen Calgary bringing it, they don't have star power but you can tell everyone is bringing 110% effort. They have the most 3rd period goals (99) in the NHL this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them haul ass into the 3rd round.

znrch

Too real.
Apr 3, 2013
Central CA
Isles I guess. As long as it isn't the ducks, or some other team that'll make the no-cup club a little smaller i won't care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad