Who do you want the future captain to be?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
That rarely happens they both have taken emotional penalties

The biggest difference for me is that GlenX is always 100% Gio has struggled at times recently. I know Gio will be the captain I am just saying using "emotional" penalties to say someone can't be captain is stupid when Gio does it too.

In a more ideal world, Giordano wouldn't be captain either.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I agree but there has to be a better argument than emotional penalties as both take them. I think the real thing is Gio has only ever played for the Flames.

Yeah, but Giordano doesn't do it to the same degree, if much at all last season anyway. And that definitely plays a role.

I think Giordano gets the nod more so because he's been with the organization longer; I believe he's the longest tenured Flame at the moment, having been with the organization for eight years (or seven if his stint in the KHL doesn't count).

It's a little odd; between the two, one would think it's much more likely that Glencross finishes his career here, given how much he loves the area. But his same has also come in trade rumors a lot more than Giordano's.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah, but Giordano doesn't do it to the same degree, if much at all last season anyway. And that definitely plays a role.

I think Giordano gets the nod more so because he's been with the organization longer; I believe he's the longest tenured Flame at the moment, having been with the organization for eight years (or seven if his stint in the KHL doesn't count).

It's a little odd; between the two, one would think it's much more likely that Glencross finishes his career here, given how much he loves the area. But his same has also come in trade rumors a lot more than Giordano's.

I disagree both do it and like our previous captain did GlenX gets in peoples faces but doesn't let it affect his game. I think both represent the Flames very but neither should be captain.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I think whoever it is, as long as they work hard and show the younger generation what a winning drive looks like, they'll be a good captain.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
As someone who has an unbiased view, I would say that the captaincy shouldn't be named this year, Flames still have top 5 pick coming this year (Reinhart/Ekblad/Nylander/Draisaitl)

I see some prospects that deserve the nomination.

- Baertschi: Leads by example, compete level, reminds me of Crosby in the way he skates with low center of gravity (not comparing him Crosby).

- Monohan: IMO, he reminds me of Toews, maybe even more similar. He would be my choice, though I would let him play one full year before I make the decision.

Aug 3, 2010
As someone who has an unbiased view, I would say that the captaincy shouldn't be named this year, Flames still have top 5 pick coming this year (Reinhart/Ekblad/Nylander/Draisaitl)

I see some prospects that deserve the nomination.

- Baertschi: Leads by example, compete level, reminds me of Crosby in the way he skates with low center of gravity (not comparing him Crosby).

- Monohan: IMO, he is basically Toews lite, maybe even more similar. He would be my choice, though I would let him play one full year before I make the decision.

The Flames already made a decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad