Who do you want next round?? (Playoff Schedule on Post #130)

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Probably not until we go deeper in the playoffs and NBC has no choice but to pick up a Habs game for Sat/Sun early afternoon.

:laugh:

Yep. Definitely see an important Game 7 ECF final being played at 2PM on a Saturday. Thanks NBC

leopod

Apr 6, 2011
Round 2 schedule

Not sure if posted elsewhere...if so sorry about that.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/l_fr/news.htm?id=765585&navid=DL|MTL-fr|home

zDEvcWJ.png

Last edited:

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Love it!

Was at the game last Friday and got there at pretty much 7 PM.

Drove 150 km in 1:20, then 4 km in 33 minutes (Champlain). Stupid. Good thing I was able to leave work at 4:30 (instead of 5:00) or I would have been mad, mad, mad.

Now I can try for tickets to game 2 and/or 5 without problem.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Yep. Definitely see an important Game 7 ECF final being played at 2PM on a Saturday. Thanks NBC

I swear to god that NBC deal is the worst thing ever. I was so ****ing mad last year at that Noon start on a Saturday for game 1 vs NY. And there wasn't even a game on TV that night!!

The NHL seems happy to be treated like a secondary scheduling option.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I swear to god that NBC deal is the worst thing ever. I was so ****ing mad last year at that Noon start on a Saturday for game 1 vs NY. And there wasn't even a game on TV that night!!

The only thing worse than a Sunday night game is a Saturday afternoon game.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I voted for the omitted 3rd option. I don't really care which.

All the series will be tough. To get the prize you'll need to beat all the hot teams.

GHG!

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Bishop hasn't looked great against the Wings for the most part. Probably due to this being his first playoff.

At first I was all for playing the Wings, but I kinda wanna play the Bolts again, with Bishop, and see if we can win, that way their fans can stop saying that last year was a fluke. In my mind, they are our biggest competition in terms of being on the rise in the Atlantic and I think beating them would give the team confidence going into the ECF.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Bishop hasn't looked great against the Wings for the most part. Probably due to this being his first playoff.

At first I was all for playing the Wings, but I kinda wanna play the Bolts again, with Bishop, and see if we can win, that way their fans can stop saying that last year was a fluke. In my mind, they are our biggest competition in terms of being on the rise in the Atlantic and I think beating them would give the team confidence going into the ECF.

I think that us and them will be the teams to beat in 2 years.

The Rangers team I see falling off a cliff after the next 2 years.

Habz4Evr

Gotta Luv The Habs
Jun 8, 2010
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Tampa Love Fest

After watching parts of last night's Wings/Bolts game, it would appear that Tampa will be the next opponent. Having to listen to the commentators gush over Stamkos, Bishop, Hedman and "The Triplets" is enough to make me violently ill. I don't like the Hab's chances in that scenario, but would love it if they were able to pull it off just to shut those clowns up. :yo:

RealCity

Nov 14, 2008
MontREAL

Wasn't it because of the Kentucky Derby or something? Unreal. I really hope Game 5 (SI NÉCESSAIRE) is a 7PM game, if it's another 12:00 Peacock start time I won't be able to watch it. Besides, who the hell wants to watch a hockey game at noon? Don't people have ***** to do during the day on the weekend?

I checked NBC's schedule for May 9th and they have the PGA Players Championship at 2PM, hopefully that's a good sign.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
After watching parts of last night's Wings/Bolts game, it would appear that Tampa will be the next opponent. Having to listen to the commentators gush over Stamkos, Bishop, Hedman and "The Triplets" is enough to make me violently ill. I don't like the Hab's chances in that scenario, but would love it if they were able to pull it off just to shut those clowns up. :yo:

If we play Tampa our first goal should be to change those triplets (who the f came up with that name!)
Into the Siamese Twins...:naughty:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Looking at this crap its official Detroit wins.
Who the F penciled in Tampa FFS ? :shakehead

FN back to back jack...

Playoffs should never have back to back, imagine if the first game goes to triple OT. I know I know chances are slim but still.

DD51*

We all want to face the Wings, but facing and beating TB would be a huge confidence builder. Both teams are super fast and that is why' I would like to see this line up against any of them.

Patches - Plekky- Gally
Galchy-Eller-Weise
DSP or Prust -DD-PAP
DLR or Prust-Mitchell-Prust or DSP

Our first two lines should face their first two lines at anytime.

I would put Markov on the second pairing with Petry and play Emelin or Gilbert with Subban.

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
I know a lot of people prefer Detroit but I prefer TB for next opponent

Why ?
If you overcome the black beast regular season team and beat them in PO it will give you better confidence in next round PO

Worst first round opponent team for Habs was the Sen but beating them give Habs better confidence for next round

That's the confidence Bruins gain in the past when they finaly beat Habs and win SC

I want TB and Ranger after that
If Habs beat TB and Ranger they will have enough confidence in their head to beleive they can beat team like Chicago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad